Chapter One

Does bread have feelings? I mean one minute they're orphans that think that you are adopting them into your home and then the next minute you put them in the toaster to burn them up and then you start to eat them. Do they feel betrayed or do they think that they're doing a great service to help you fulfill your hungry monstrous desires.

" Miss James," My english teacher, Mr. Smith, looks over his glasses that are falling off his nose at me. " get your head out of the clouds and pay attention."

With my cheeks burning with humiliation at the whole class laughing at me I mumble out an apology. The rest of the class I pay attention to what Mr. Smith is saying, but it's so hard when you already know what he's talking about. My head was just about to explode from boredom when the bell rang. Thanking Jesus for this miracle I leave as fast as i can, which is pretty fast considering the fact that i'm 5'9''.

I trip several times on my way to the cafeteria, but i didn't fall today which is an incredible feat. The cafeteria is already filled with students when I make my way into the lunch line to retrieve my food. Now this is where all the important and hard decisions are made like for my main meal should i go with pizza or today's mystery meat? I think i'll stick with the pizza. My side dish is most definitely jello, duh it's a no brainer. What type of drink should i get? I mean I could get milk, but i don't like milk so i guess that's out or I could just spend a little extra money to get a blue gatorade. Well i'm feeling rebellious today so i'm going with the gatorade. I pay for my lunch and try to find the table with just enough room for me to squeeze into and go unnoticed, but because i'm not looking where i'm going I bump into someone and my food splatters all over their shirt. Everything is silent except for a few gasps from the students. Looking at the mess I made on the shirt my eyes go wide and my mouth is hanging open so wide i'm sure you can fit like ten marshmallows in there. My eyes travel from the mess on the shirt all the way up to the person's face and i'm horrified to see Boaz Knight. You're probably wondering why i'm so scared to see him and think that i'm overacting, but i swear that i'm not. Rumour has it that he fights in an illegal underground fighting ring and that he's an undefeated champion. If i wasn't so scared of him i'd find him unusually attractive with his dark,slightly wavy black hair and eyes so dark that it probably matches his soul and his teeth are so white and straight with skin so tanned you'd probably think he lived in florida, but alas we live in Illinois.

"What the hell." Boaz growled out so lowly that only I could here.

"I-I'm so sorry," I stutter out " but just think on the bright side."

" What would that be?" He grounds out of clenched jaws.

" Well it's a nice change of colors compared to just wearing black and white all the time. You know now that i'm thinking about it looks kind of like a 3-D tie dye shirt." I tell Boaz chuckling a bit at the end. I look back at his face from behind my dark and wavy hair to see that he doesn't look as mad as before, but kind of looks curious and amused.

" What's your name?" He asks me.

" G-Guinevere." I stutter yet again, but can you blame me. Once I answer him he looks thoughtful for a moment then he leans in right next to my ear while i hold my breath because 3D tie dye shirts do not smell good.

" Good to know Guinevere." He whispers into my ear and then he stands up straight all of a sudden and leaves the cafeteria while I start to breathe again because that 3-D tie dye shirt smells really bad.