I'm a grown ass man. I didn't need her telling me nothing to be honset but it never hurts to listen. I know I got kids to care for and I know I messed up but I'm a whole new man. All that stuff I use to be on is dead to me.

It felt good to be free again. Everything felt new to me. Seeing this shit again after two years.

"I'm having a little get together tonight so I want you to get yourself together. The babies been waiting to see you all day."

"Oh yeah?"
"So where am I taking you?"

"My apartment"I told her. I really wanted to wash my ass and all that good stuff. Hell I needed too. Those ten minute showers ain't been cutting it.

This city look like it just fell apart. Junkies everywhere. Don't get me wrong it was never a good place to live but damn... This shit look like the trenches.

"I know Tony gonna be glad to see you later "
I'm not banging with nobody. None of them niggas bothered to answer when I called they wasn't looking out for me like they said they was. So now its fuck them.

"Call me when your finished settling in "
"Aight thank you ma"
"It's no problem baby. I'll see you later."

Ka'nomi

I pulled in Ezekil mom driveway. I kept it cordial with her for the sake of
My kids. That lady was just as fake as she wanted to be.

Everybody was already at her house ready to show fake love. If feel bad for him cause he got a shitty ass family.

I parked behind one of his cousins Desmond car. I hated that nigga.
I got out then got the boys out. I couldn't lie and say Cynthia didn't love them...I still didn't like her but,I respected her.

"Hey nomi"I looked back seeing one of Ezekil cousins. She was cool.
"Hey Liz" she helped me get Elias out the car.
"Awe they got so big... Looking like their daddy"
Emmanuel and Elias both looked like Ezekil. They had very few features of their mom. If for anything they had her additude.

"Do they know?"Liz asked Ka'nomi.
"No."

"Well they in for a big suprise"she smiled.

"Have you heard from him?"
"No...aunty said she dropped him off an hour ago."Ka'nomi followed her in the house. There was people sitting everywhere.
"Look at my nephews"

Ka'nomi couldn't help but to roll her eyes. Her kids did not have to aunt so who was this whore talking about nephew.

"Get out my grandbabies face. Come here Manny and Eli"Cynthia waved her grandchildren over.

Ka'nomi found a seat on the couch by a few of Ezekil cousins.
"I know that ain't Nomi that just walked in here and ain't speak"It was one of Ezekil uncles... He was a pervert.

Back when Ka'nomi was pregnant with Elias they ended up staying a night at Cynthia house and while she was getting dressed while Ezekil was sleep he was staring at her through the crack of the door.

She never said anything though cause she didn't want to start anything but, she kept her distance when it came to him.

She looked around for her kids seeing they were still being spoiled by their grandmom .

She couldn't wait to leave.she felt out of place being around his family.

Ka'nomi got up going to sit in the empty chair near the table. The livingroom was way too crowded.
She decided to open up a few work emails while she wasn't so busy.

Ka'nomi was working on her own clothing line. It was something she always had a passion for.

Ezekil stepped back into the chilly September weather. He was anxious to see his sons. They were his motivation. The rest of those people could kiss his ass. He didn't need not one of them.

He walked up the three little steps. He could hear old tunes and the loud voices of his cousins and uncles from the other side of the door.

He knocked on the door a few times and waited for it to be answered. He scratched his full black beard and rubbed his hands over his waves. In all honesty he didn't know what to expect.

The door came open and it was....

Cliffhanger