"Oh, yeah." Camila sighed contentedly, then reluctantly backed away. "I'd better get upstairs and give Kyle a hand with her bath."

"Let me change, and I'll help."

They linked hands and climbed the stairs together.

* * * * *

"Mom," Kyle said over pancakes and bacon the next morning, "are you and Cami going to live together soon?"

"That's a very important decision, sweetie, and Camila and I haven't really talked about it yet." Lauren glanced at Camila across the table. This was the first time that Camila had spent the night and been there the next morning when Kyle got up. The three of them had made breakfast together, and Kyle had seemed to take it all in stride. Phyllis, interestingly, had called to say she would be "detained."

"How would you feel about that?" Lauren asked her daughter.

"I think it would be cool. Then I'd have two moms like Kim and Denny, right?" Kyle looked from Camila to Lauren expectantly.

Camila cleared her throat. "Remember when I told you that we would tell you as soon as we could?"

"Uh-huh."

"Well, it really helps to know that it would be okay with you if we wanted to do that," Camila said carefully, looking from Kyle to Lauren. "But your mom and I need some more time to think about it. So we need you to be patient, okay?"

"Okay." Kyle finished the last of her orange juice. "How long do I have to be patient?'"

Camila smiled. "Well, sometimes you have to wait until just the right time, like when you don't kick on goal until you see the perfect opening and you know it will go in."

Kyle nodded seriously and then looked at her mother. "You're coming to the game today, right?"

"I'll be there." Lauren smiled as her daughter ran from the room to gather her gear. She sighed and glanced at Camila with a wary expression. "Sorry. I have a feeling we're going to hear these questions again."

"Do they bother you?" Camila asked quietly. She was very aware of the fact that Lauren had consistently avoided the discussion of any kind of commitment. She wanted to be part of Lauren's life, and it took every ounce of willpower not to push.

"No," Lauren said softly. "They don't bother me. What about you? My life is a bit complicated."

Camila had to smile. "You mean because of Kyle?"

"Among other things."

"She's terrific. I...I'd love to be a part of her life." Camila met Lauren's gaze. "And yours."

"God, you're better than a dream come true." Lauren reached across the table and stroked Camila's cheek. "I hope you know I care. Can you be patient a little longer?"

Camila turned her head and kissed Lauren's palm. "I've probably got just a little more willpower than a seven-year-old." When Lauren laughed, Camila added, "But not much."

"Mmm, I seem to remember you weren't all that patient last night."

"That was different," Camila replied, leaning forward to kiss Lauren on the lips. "I hadn't seen you all week. Of course I couldn't wait."

Lauren's blood ran a little hotter just thinking about the relentless demands of Camila's mouth and hands and... She shivered and pushed back from the table. "I have to get away from you. You do...things...to me. Scary, wonderful things."

Camila laughed as Lauren walked away. "You can run, but you can't hide."

Lauren stopped in the doorway and regarded Camila tenderly. "I think I'm done with both. Now, I'm going to shower and get ready for the game."