Crestfallen

• Dedicated to Grampy, I love you so much. RIP

Crestfallen by Brinley Bleu ©2014 All Rights Reserved

Prologue

Crestfallen
••••••••••••••

There's a house at the edge of the street nobody talks about.

The house stands by itself. No neighbors for at least a quarter of a mile.

People pass it each day. Some even stop and watch it slip by.

Everybody acknowledges its existence, but nobody mentions it in any conversation.

Nobody watches the young girl slip inside after the afternoon bus stops at the street behind her own.

No soul has seen the tears fall slowly down the poor teen's broken face.

Broken hearts will soon torture the girl, as she's use to. Her silent screams echo through her mind, but no one hears.

She now lays on the ground, moving what's left of her now fragile body.

Despair consumes her lonely body and she's paralyzed in fear.

She made the wrong decision, but she couldn't even see that it wasn't right.

There's a house at the edge of the street that nobody talks about.

There's a girl in her corner of the house nobody sees.

There's a tortured heart aching in the poor soul's chest in need of mending.

What was left of her broken heart is now crestfallen, as she awaits another blow.

•••••••••••••••

Please note this isn't a summary, or really that much of a prologue.

This story isn't about a house at the end of the street.

What I did was I pulled all of the story's themes and pushed them into one miniature prologue that gives you what the story's true meaning is through figurative language and symbolism.

Below I have listed the themes and by the end of the story, we will see if you were witty enough to decipher the stories true meaning.

Theme- a specific idea that runs through the whole plot of a story to tie together the main idea

• The importance of love and family

• The difference between pain and pleasure

•The importance of making the right decisions

Chapter 1 comes out June 21st , any thoughts?

Please note- This prologue is written under heaving symbols and figurative language, and this may have a rare relation to the story's plot line, but the meaning rings true.