Chap. 5

"Ooo! What a pretty truck."

  Haven becomes eager to explore the withered Peterbuilt truck so she scales herself down Bumblebee's body. She reaches the bottom and sprints towards her father, and gives him a hug.

  "What's the truck for dad?"

  "It's for---"

  Before Cade can finish his sentence, a Mini 1990 Rover Cooper pulls up behind the tow truck that was hauling the truck. Once the Rover was parked a man with lengthy, wavy, dirty blonde hair steps out of the Cooper. The man looked incensed.

  "Can't believe you used MY money to pay for this piece of junk. 150 bucks for it."

  "Hi Lucas!"

  Lucas shifts towards Haven and gives her a wave. The three Autobots group together, and they scope out the three humans. Lucas notices Bumblebee, Crosshairs, and Drift, being shocked by the two new peculiar figures, with Cade also feeling the same way.

  "Wow. Another one. Like we need another bug to watch haha!"

  "Oh it's okay Cross! You don't need to watch Lucas! He's a lone wolf!"

  "Yeah that's right. I'm the lone wolf."

  Cade rolls his eyes, obviously very irritated with Lucas' ignorance and the lie he just told.

  "Really Flannery? Then why the hell did you ask me for some extra cash last week? Doesn't seem very 'lone wolf' to me."

  Bumblebee sounds a noise of laughter, whilst Haven does the same. Cade then volunteers to ask the quite obvious question that he and Lucas had in mind.

  "So? Bumblebee who are these guys? Friends from work I assume?"

  Bumblebee nods his head, and Haven, again does the same. Before Bee can introduce Crosshairs and Drift, Tessa comes out of the house with her phone in hand, holding it to where everyone can see it.

  "Daddy! Can my friend Shane come over?"

  "Who is "Shane", Tess?"

  Haven humorously whispers.

  "Her boyfriend."

  "Shut up you, you boy!

  Haven laughs silently along with the Autobots. Tessa sticks her tongue out at Haven, and Haven does the same back. Tessa then questions about the Peterbuilt, with a disgusted and betrayed look on her face.

"Dad! You can get an a million year old truck, but you can't buy me a new phone?"

  "Daddy didn't buy the truck dumb nut. Lucas did."

  Haven points at Lucas.

  "Cade this....is Drift and....Cr-osshairs....one of 'em....is an ass...hole....just a heads....up."

  "Shut it Bugger! What he mean't to say, Cade, was that I'm the strongest Autobot to ever live! And the most handsome."

  Haven and Bumblebee look at eachother, giving the look of ridiculousness, and proceed to imerge into laugh mode. Crosshairs rolls his optics.

  "Well I assume you're some sort of samurai robot right?"

  "Yes Mr. Yeager. You are correct."

  "Okay then. Imma tow this truck into the barn, Haven. Make sure your older sister doesn't run away to her friend, "Shane"."

  Tessa sticks her tongue out at Haven, and Haven does the same. The tow truck hauling the Peterbuilt slowly pulled it into the barn. Haven watches the scene, giving Tessa time for her to esacpe off to the corn fields.

  "I wonder if that truck works still."

  "I better get paid for this piece of shit truck."

  Lucas storms a power walk towards his Cooper, gets in, and zooms off. Haven looks up at the Autobots, and smiles. Drift and Bee gives one back, but Crosshairs widens his optics instead of smiling.

  ~§Ω§~

  Cade has been working on the rusty truck for about two hours. Haven has been wandering around with Bumblebee, walking in the desert like area around the Yeager house. Bumblebee lets his head explore the land around him, until he looks down at Haven, who's yellow plated eyes were focused on the dirt ground.

  "Haven....you ok...ay?"

  "H-huh what? Oh uh yeah, Bee. I'm fine."

  "Haven....what's wrong?....I've known you for....five years I....know when you're....sad."

  Haven gives in and tells Bee what's wrong. She knows she can trust Bumblebee with her personal info.

  "I-I've just been thinkin' of my uhh....my...."

  "Haven...."

  Bee stops Haven in her tracks, kneels down, and uses his index finger to push Haven's chin up so he can see her beautiful yellow eyes. Haven's eyes were kind of filled with water, making them glisten in the beamy sunlight. Bumblebee notices her tears, and wipes them away.

  "Tell....me....please."

  With a nasally voice, Haven speaks.

  "I was just thinkin' about a family member. My uncle Jags. He taught me a lot of things about cars. He called me grease monkey."

  "He sounds....like a....good....guy."

  "He was a good guy Bee. He WAS."

  "Oh....Haven I'm....sor-ry....He's in....a better place....now."

  "Yeah I know Bee. He is. I was just so close to him ya know? Now he's GONE."

  Haven looks deeply into Bumblebee's eyes, realizing how much detail are inside of them. They shifted and moved remotely. And at the same time.

  "I know I look dumb crying in front of you."

  Before Bee can respond, a shout from Cade is heard from the barn. It sound like excitement, but it also sounds like death as well.

  "We should probably get to dad before he has a brain heartattack."

  "Yeaahh."

  Haven and Bee rush towards the barn. When they reach the barn, they see Cade walking back and fourth, along with Cross and Drift waiting as well.

  "Oh! Finally you guys are here! Come inside! Quickly!"

  Haven enters the barn first, then the Autobots follow after her. Haven sees the truck hooked up to a battery. Once the Autobots were fully into the barn, they transform and have a look at the rusty grave stone looking truck.

  "Why bother keeping this truck when you have us to transport you to your locations, Mr. Yeager?"

  "Ohh you've gotta nother thing comin' if you think I'm gonna let one of you humans ride inside of me."

  "Well if you guys are done talking, I'd like to show you what I found."

  Cade then explains the whole process he went through when exploring the truck. He then climbs up towards the battery of the truck.

  "And when you hook it up to a working battery..."

  A baritone voice sounds from the truck.

"Calling all...Calling all, Autobots!"