Chapter 15: Ghostly Rumors

Start from the beginning

*****

After discussing their movie plans for later that night, the group made it to Breezy Hills.

"You didn't tell me that Eddie lived in the fancy side of Springdale!"

"Jibanyan? How do you know that?"

"I vaguely remember that Amy and I lived in Uptown Springdale before my untimely death and I also vaguely remember that she said that she wanted to live in Breezy Hills with the other wealthy people when she made it big."

Whisper whistled.

"I've known and seen a couple of wealthy people in my day before my imprisonment, although they usually had some sort of political power or something. Is it still like that here?"

"Err...kinda. I really don't want to go into detail, mostly because I wouldn't know what I was talking about."

Everyone kept going, but if anyone had been paying attention, they would've noticed a look of fear on Whisper's face for a split second before he shook his head and followed the group.

*****

"Seriously? There's a Watch Lock door here?"

Nate gave an annoyed gesture at the red Watch Lock door with a large B blocking them from going into Eddie's house.

"At least we have the proper rank for it. Can you imagine how much of a hassle it would've been if we didn't have all the right Yo-kai for the upgrade? Also, if you take the fact that the Yo-kai were randomly scattered in different areas into account, it would've taken us all day to get the upgrade and if we hadn't gone to Timer's and More first, we would've had to go all the way over there, get the upgrade, and come back here."

Katie patted Whisper's arm and said,

"Whisper, calm down. We have bikes, so it wouldn't have taken too long to ride over to Blossom Heights and back here."

"You're right, Katie. It's just that so much has happened over the past couple days that we all need to discuss at some point and...Nate, what are you doing?"

During Whisper's rant, Nate had attempted to see if it was possible to go through a Watch Lock door without using the Yo-kai Watch if you were wearing one, but it was proving to be difficult as he fell to the ground after walking into it.

"Huh, I guess wearing a Yo-kai Watch does takes away your ability to walk through the Watch Lock doors without using them."

Nate got up and shined the light on the Watch Lock door, making it disappear.

"Well, let's head inside."

*****

"Hello, Mrs. Archer. Is Eddie home?"

"Edward's upstairs in his room. He told me that you two were coming over today. I'll bring some snacks up to you later."

Nate and Katie bowed, thanking Mrs. Archer as they went upstairs.

*****

"Hey, Eddie! We're here!"

Eddie had been setting up the game system when he heard Nate and Katie.

"Hey, guys. Take a controller and I'll start the game."

Nate and Katie each took a controller and waited for Eddie to get the game ready. They looked over at the four Yo-kai accompanying them, who were content with watching them play the game.

"Hey, Eddie? What game are we playing?"

Eddie looked at the box the game came in.

"The name's kinda hard to say properly, but it's about a group of kids that have to get through their normal lives while dealing with some supernatural stuff that that only they can deal with for some reason. I bought it for the puzzles, really."