Yuri's Wandering

Okay, I got this idea while listening to the song of the same name, 'Blackbird' by Lee DeWyze from the show 'The Walking Dead'; where Yuri is Bob Stookey, Otabek is Daryl, and where JJ is Glenn. Um, I haven't caught up with much of the Walking Dead because of well,(SPOILERS) Abraham's death. (He was one of my favorite characters; I thought he had a whole lot of potential). So I kind of stopped watching the show because of it. But anyways, I figured no one has done this type of fic yet, but if so, still why not.

Here it is; Enjoy!                                                             

 x0x

He was walking down the path, his face completely free of all emotions. He bore nothing to this name, other than a long knife, small black bag, black, tattered, hoodie jacket, his favorite tiger shirt, dirty red pants and holey boots. Yuri Plisetsky looked like had not showered in several weeks, judging by how much sweat was plastered all over his face and eyes. Yuri licked his small pale lips, tasting the sweat as if it were his life support. And apparently, it was.

He had not had anything to drink or to eat for the past few days and his sweat was the only thing that gave him to feed off. Maybe it wasn't a bad thing, to not have much food or water on him. With less water, it meant he didn't have to relieve himself all that much.

Relieving himself could cause him to attract some unwanted attention.

It could slow Yuri down.

And, Yuri did not have any toilet paper.

So it was better with very little water on him.

With less food, he didn't have to worry about ants crawling into his bag when he went to sleep at night, or it going spoiled when he needed it the most. Also, he wouldn't have to be lugging so much weight on his back, which could also slow him down.

He was walking down this old, dirty, and ant-filled road, but for what reason? Was he going somewhere? Where was he going? What was waiting for him when he got to that place? Yuri didn't know. He seriously did not know. He was only wandering around, and of those questions didn't matter, hoping to find a place to stop for the night. So he could sleep and let the darkness be his blanket.

                                                                                               x0x

Yuri turned his head and saw a small, grayish-blue building just two steps next to him. His brows when up, looking at it. He walked up to the front door, looking at the chipping paint that was falling off the door. The boy's eyes gleamed with a strange light, looking for the doorknob, or door handle. But wait, Yuri knew he couldn't go in just yet. He took a step back, and with his long knife, he made large banging sounds on the door. It was to see if there were any of them inside of the building. If there were, then Yuri would have to back away, murder them, and clear them of the building. So it basically to know if it was safe to enter. And it was because none of the undead came to answer the calls that Yuri made on their door. 

Yuri took a step forward and opened the door. He closed the door behind him quietly, as the floorboards under his feet creaked. When that was done, Yuri looked around and saw a large, metal chandelier on the ceiling. It was missing some stones and lights, but how and why was beyond him. Yuri looked at his feet and saw a red carpet. And then he saw an altar, dozens of pews, several stained glass windows, paintings of crosses, and even few gold pieces here and there. 

Yuri realized he was in a church. He had never heard anything like a church deep in the forest, far away from civilization. He remembered passing by some churches on his way home before, but that was in the city, however.