>~<

??? Pov

Scaleswind...that's it.

I was at Scaleswind to see how everyone was doing and...I saw someone.

He looked suspicious so I followed him when I saw him get near Kirina's body. I tried to stop him but then he...killed me.

But then why am here if I'm dead...?

Where am I anyway?

I looked around. The landscape was light blue. The ground was sand and there was...seaweed?!

Wait, am I in the ocean?! I swam up to the top and put my head out on the surface. Sure enough, I was in the ocean. I picked up a piece of glass from the shore and looked into my reflection. I had pink and purple hair, a pink shell bra, and pink and a purple tail.

I was a mermaid.

"Well this is interesting." A voice said in front of me. I looked up to see a girl with black hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. She had white bunny ears sticking up from her black top hat. "Mermaids don't really come up on the shore. They say that the air is toxic to them unless...can you turn into your human form?"

"I'm sorry...what?" I asked.

"Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners? My name is Faith and I'm a scholar." She said.

"For a scholar your taste in cloths is quite...interesting." I said.

"H-hey! Anyway, the air in the atmosphere is toxic to mermaids unless they're transforming mermaids, who can switch between human form and mermaid form. And since you're not dying right now..." Faith said.

"I mean, I can try to turn into one." I said. I closed my eyes and brought my focus to my tail. It started to divide into two, and pretty soon, I was a human.

"SO IT IS TRUE!!! I need to put this in my notes I—"

"Um...I need a little help here..." I said.

"Hm?"

"Have any extra cloths? I'm kind of...half naked right now." I said as I walked deeper into the water.

"Ohh, right! Well you're in luck! Just in case stuff like this would happen, I bring around a spare towel with me at all cost. I know it's not proper clothing, but it'll do for now." Faith said, giving me a purple towel.

"Kind of weird that you just conveniently had this on you but...thanks." I said, wrapping the towel around my waist.

"So tell me, how do you mermaids...live?" Faith said, taking out her notebook and writing stuff down.

"U-um...I mean, I'm kind of new to this so..." I said.

"Hm? What do you mean new?" Faith asked.

"I-I don't know what's happening myself but...I think I'm supposed to be...dead." I said. Faith gave me a puzzled look.

"You better give me a good explanation or else I'm going to start thinking that was just an excuse." She said.

"Well you see, I was a fairy. The fairy queen to be exact. I followed this person who I thought was suspicious to the woods when I realized he was trying to steal my dead friends body. Irene bless her soul. Anyway, I tried to stop him and...when I opened my eyes...I was in the ocean as I mermaid." I said.

"I-I think I know what happened." Faith said with wide eyes.

"Really?!" I asked.

"Y-yeah. You see, sometimes, very rarely, but sometime, people with tremendous amounts of magic in them activate a spell before they die. When they die, their soul carries into a different body and stays there." Faith said.

"So you think that's what happened to me?" I asked. Faith nodded.

"You...need a place to sleep?" She asked. I looked at the sky and realized that it was getting dark.

"Y-yeah." I said.

"Well, then why don't you come over to my place? You can stay for as long as you like. But in return, I want to ask you some more questions. Is that...okay?" Faith said.

"Yeah. A nice warm house sounds wonderful right about now." I said.

"Great! Follow me." Faith said. I looked back at the ocean again.

And the I knew, that my life was about to get complicated.

-----------------------------------------

Well, kinda obvious who this person is now XD

Oh and if y'all were wondering who that witch was in Scaleswind you'll see more of her in the future ;) *cough cough* Aphena *cough cough*

OMI DID YALL WATCH EP 30 OF MCD YET I CANT IM STILL CRYING YYYYYY

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter and cyall in the next one!

BAIIIIIIIIIII

:DDDDDDDDDD