something 5

it's cold -no scratch that, it's freezing. which is unusual since it's only the beggining of august and people all over the world are still enjoying summer. but then again, it is london and the weather here is unpredictable.

much like simon's life, the twenty four year old thinks as he sits on one of the benches in a random park in the freezing weather. his lanky limbs are only clad in a simple hoodie and some joggers, nothing more causing him to shiver ocassionaly as brisk wind flies by.

his slender fingers are enclosed around a small notebook in which he had been doodling for a while, something to get his mind off various things going on his life. the cerulean eyed boy had not even gone to his job for almost three days now.

at first he had thought josh or anyone else would question his absence but his friends had sensed something was going on with him and decided to give him some space. which was strange since usually they pestered him with questions.

but even they could sense this was something different, something simon had never experienced before. which was partially true because the young boy had never been a serious relationship, let alone a relationship which was so perplexing.

it had been another week since jj had come to his apartment only to tell him to wait. the brunette boy had waited for the following two days but due to not hearing from the latter boy, he had given up.

and now he was forcing himself to forget about the dark skinned boy. no matter how hard it seemed, he figured it would be the best for both of them. jj clearly was a man filled with secrets he hardly wanted to disclose.

he barely wanted to tell simon about the time his brother ran some over let alone about his ex. he had every right to share his own secrets when he wanted but cutting people off like that wasn't what one should do.

and maybe that's the reason simon found himself to be pissed at the younger boy. because not only had he completely cut him off without sharing anything, he had also asked him to "wait" or whatever the hell that meant.

now the tall boy had decided that enough was enough and if jj wanted to cut him off, he could do that too. thus why he sat at a random park in london, doodling god knows what, trying to busy himself and his mind with something.

the sudden noise of his phone ringing startles him out of his thoughts and he shuffles to grab the device from his hoodie pocket. a single glance at the screen tells him that it's his mother and he slides to answer without thinking twice.

"hey si," his mum breaks the silence and the young boy sighs, realizing how long it had been since he had heard her voice.

"hey mum, how are you?" he asks, clearing his throat once he notices how his voice sounds croaky.

"i'm good, you okay?" there's some shuffling in the background as if she is walking somewhere.

"i'm-" simon decides on his answer and if he should tell her about his life crisis but then decides against thinking she wouldn't understand. "i'm alright, i guess."

"you guess?" she questions his uncertainty. "everything okay with the restaurant? with the boys?"

"yeah it's all good, i'm just tired s'all."