Chapter 1

2 years later
It's so cooled out in Chicago I can't stay outside much longer looking for money. I'm going to have to steal again. I roll my eyes at the thought of stealing but what other choice do I have. I'm 15 years old living in an old motel room that I'm am about to loses if I can't find or steal another $100. People said in Alabama that I was smarter than I look and I am going to have a beautiful house when I'm older. Well I have brown hair with side bangs, a little tan, have brown eyes and I always love to dress in fashion and I guess I'm not smarter than I look. Then I see a woman that has dropped her purse and all her belongings on the corner. I run to help her. "Thank you." The woman said to me with a wide smile on her face. "No problem." I said back while grabbing her wallet and quickly taking out $200 when she wasn't looking. Then I put the wallet and her other things in the bag and walked away before she could say anything. When I got to the end of the side walk, I turned around to see the same women pointing at me while talking to the police. "That's her! She the one who stole my $200!" The women said. Oh no I can't get caught by the police or they will find out that I ran away and send me back with my dad! I started to run as fast as I can. The police were running after me. I ran into Navy Pier pushing through people so I can get away. Then I ran into a souvenir store for Chicago. I put my hair up in a bun and left my bangs out and took off my jacket and picked up a blue sweeter that a picture of Chicago on it and bought it with the money I stole. Then I saw a little girl crying. She had blonde hair, pale white skin, a winter hat on with tights and a jacket. I see the police looking for me. I quickly grabbed the girl and turned away from the police so I look like a mom and not the girl they are trying to catch. But now she was crying louder than ever and was getting people's attention. So I remembered the only way my mom could ever calm me down is by singing to me. So I sang to her. "You are my sunshine..." "My only sunshine..." "You make me happy when skies are gray..." "You'll never know dear how much I love you..." "Please don't take my sunshine away." She finally stopped crying. I looked around to see of the police was still there. They weren't. I smiled and looked back at the kid I was holding who has now rested her head on my shoulder and whipping tears off her face. "Hey there what is your name?" I said softly to her. "Molly Carrie." She said still resting her head on my shoulders and sniffling . "What is your name?" She asked "Arabella." I said. "Well Molly who are were you looking for?" "My brother Logan Carrie." Molly said in a shaky voice. "Do you want me to tell someone who works here?" "No I want to stay with you!" Molly said holding on to me tighter. "Ok then we will both go look for him." I said looking at her. "Found me." Someone said behind me.