Out of Time

I'd like to thank Nialltalic for the wonderful fan art above! It's a beautiful edit and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for taking the time to make this. It's gorgeous! <33

If y'all have created anything for me such as fan art, playlists, memes, video clips, anything really, PLEASE don't hesitate to send it to me through PM. I'll definitely be posting it in my stories and giving you acknowledgement and throwing a dedication and shout-out your way! :D

 I'll definitely be posting it in my stories and giving you acknowledgement and throwing a dedication and shout-out your way! :D

⏳ 2016

I felt guilty

I felt guilty. I felt it deep in the pit of my stomach. I felt it gnawing at my heart.

Tony's expression when I left with Steve and Bucky...it hurt. It truly did. The hatred and betrayal in his eyes was stronger than I'd ever seen on him. I pitied him. He found the answers to an event that had plagued him for so long; answers that destroyed him. And Steve had taken part in that. I'd taken part in that. 

I was torn. What Tony had stood for in this war was a reasonable one. The same went for Steve. I thought I knew where I stood in the beginning. I thought I knew what I was fighting for. But in the end, I realised that it wasn't all black and white. The fighting. The war. It was all shades of grey, some stances darker than others.

I'd made my decision in the end. I made it, dug my grave, and buried myself in it. I had a duty to protect human kind and that's what came above everything. If I had to lose people on the way to accomplish that, then, as much as it truly pained me, so be it.

But I had to stand with the man I loved. Because that was my duty too. I had to because it was the right thing to do. I had to because I loved him. And no matter what side we stood on from here on out, I would still love him with all my heart.

My feet dragged beneath me as I followed Steve and Bucky to the quinjet. Every bone in my body quaked. Everything hurt. The healing was taking too long, but that was what I deserved in the end. Bucky leaned on his best friend, Steve helping the injured soldier along, his lost metal arm still sparking. The whiteness of the landscape remained unchanged since entering the factory. I couldn't tell if a new layer of snow had fallen or not, it crunching under my boots.