A Beautiful Contradiction

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Andi," the Irish A.I. responded.

"Where's Tony?" Silence. "FRIDAY, where is Tony?"

"I'm not at liberty to say."

I squinted. I wasn't going to put up with this bullshit discretion. For all I knew, Tony was on his way to rip Steve's head off. And as much as he warranted doing so, I couldn't let him. Something wasn't right about it all. Something wasn't right about the whole situation with Bucky. Why Siberia? What was there that they needed to find? Was it the cause of all this? Whatever was there, it held the key to the whole situation regarding Bucky.

"FRIDAY," I said through gritted teeth, reining back my anger. "Where is Tony?"

"I can't—"

"I'm going to ask you one more time." I felt my hand aglow with power. "Where is he? Or I'll blow every mark of your boss's suits to oblivion. And then I'm moving onto your core."

Silence. Probably an empty threat to an A.I. that was anywhere and everywhere, and very likely backed up on every corner of the Internet. But I was in no mood to consider that.

"The HYDRA Siberian Facility," the A.I. replied. "In the mountains."

"And what's there that Tony wants other than my asshole of a boyfriend?"

"Barnes was framed," FRIDAY replied.

"The shrink," I put together, though I already knew that fairly obvious deduction. "Who is he?"

"His name is Zemo." I raised my chin. Zemo. A familiar name. The name of a man we'd come into contact with before. But it wasn't the same man. It couldn't be. "Barnes and Rogers are going to lead him to the Facility to activate the Super Soldiers."

Wait, what? Super Soldiers? But...but there was no Serum left. I distinctly remembered the Serum getting destroyed after Steve was injected with it back in 1942. There was none left. How could there possibly be more—

My fists clenched. Howard Stark. Howard Goddamn Stark. There'd been one vial left; the vial he'd replicated and made more of. The Serum that HYDRA used to create their own breed of Super Soldiers. Soldiers like Bucky. And...And did Howard die because of it? His death—it was too convenient. Too planned and calculated. Had he died for these bastards to obtain the last vial, even though they'd replicated it? Oh, shit. This shitstorm was brewing for years, and had now come to a head. And Steve and Tony were in the middle of it.

I thundered out of the training wing and up to my room, ripping off articles of clothing and stacking it up the stairs trying to pull my shoes off. I threw on my suit and zipped everything up as I ran to the hanger. I rubbed my hands together, golden sparks flying as I warmed them up.

A beautiful contradiction, eh? Well. I knew one contradiction well for sure. I was going to find Steve. I was going to find him and I was going to kiss him. And then I was going to kill him. 

❈Author's Note: Hey, there! Just a quick chapter before the real action starts

Author's Note: Hey, there! Just a quick chapter before the real action starts. 

If you guys haven't seen the announcement on my wall, I'm doing a giveaway for you guys once I reach 6K followers! What kind of giveaway? Well, you'll find out soon enough! It's going to be a good one! Tell your friends if you like. 

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a quick vote! Thanks for reading!