one

"c'mon, awsten. you need to eat," otto whispered.

awsten didn't reply; instead, he opted for acting as if he was asleep. otto sighed, going back to his bunk. he didn't know what to do. he wasn't able to help him--only geoff could. but something had changed in awsten. he was avoiding geoff like the plague, making up any excuse possible to get away from the brown-haired boy.

as soon as awsten heard the soft snoring from otto's bunk, he got up and went to the bathroom, looking for his shoes. he pulled them on and grabbed a pad and pen, scribbling a quick note about where he was going if anyone were to wake up. he slipped a sweater on and grabbed the keys to the tour bus making sure to lock it on his way out.

he walked to the nearest gas station, pulling his wallet out of his pocket. he scanned the aisles, looking for a small pack of cheez-its. he grabbed the bag and grabbed a bottle of motrin, a medicine that never failed to make him throw up. he ran out of his other bottle already, and it had only been two weeks.

he sighed and looked at his watch. 12:37am. shaking his head, he went up to the counter.

"is that all for you today?" the woman at the counter spoke.

"yeah," awsten mumbled, pulling out exactly six dollars and handing to the lady.

"seventy-eight cents is your change, and here's your receipt. have a nice night!"

he smiled at the girl and muttered a thank you before exiting the store. he had a long night ahead of him.

💊 💊 💊

"awsten, where were you? i read the note, but you've been gone for 2 hours!" geoff whisper-yelled, trying not to wake up otto and jawn.

awsten walked past geoff, needing to get out of his clothes. he could smell the smoke and vomit on them, the smell of a late-night purging session out by a fire pit. geoff just shook his head and laid back down.

awsten grabbed a change of clothes, walking into the small bathroom at the back of the bus. he stripped down to his boxers and put a long-sleeved tee, one with their logo on it. he slipped some sweatpants on and went back to the main hallway.

as he laid in bed, he could hear the sound of geoff's music playing from his earbuds. it was one of their own songs--powerless. geoff wrote that one. he had an emotional connection with it. awsten didn't really know why.

awsten fell asleep listening to the soft sounds of snoring and deafening music.

//

i dont know if/think geoff wrote powerless but i need that for plot purposes anyways