(1) Stealing Snickers

One Shot

You warily eyed the people in the convenience store while silently perusing the aisle. "Good...there isn't much people in here..." you thought but still, you didn't let your guard down.

It only took one mistake...one mistake that could very well cost you everything.

You shuffled closely to the shelves and made sure to lower your cap. You weren't in the range of the surveillance cameras anymore but you could never be too sure.

Hurriedly but without any obvious movements that would draw attention your way, you began grabbing as many food items as you could inconspicuously.

You made sure to stuff them underneath your layer of clothes and then looked around for anything else you might have needed.

Your eyes zoned in on a Snickers bar and you gulped. Usually you never took more than what was necessary but after the week you were having, one little chocolate bar wouldn't hurt...it wasn't like you weren't already a fucking criminal anyways...

Your hand reached out for it but you paused a few moments before you touched it and then smacked your cheeks. "Stupid! Remember why you're doing this in the first place...the more you take, the more tempted you'll be to stay this way..." you berated yourself and then lowered your arm.

Just the bare minimum. That was all you allowed yourself to take.

With unshed tears and one last wistful look to the delectable treat, you reached for a pack of instant rice but then felt someone grab your wrist.

Your entire body tensed apprehensively and your heart raced in fear.

Shit! You were too careless and let your guard down. This is it...you were caught and you were going to pay the consequences for your stupid lack of control in wanting a damn Snickers bar.

The tears that you initially refused to let surface was now growing harder to hold back and you had to clamp down on your lips as to stop them from trembling.

Any second now and the person in charge would start screaming, so you squeezed your eye shut and braced yourself for the worse...

The bag was snatched out of your grasp and you gasped in protest as your eyes snapped open but before you could grab it, you made eye contact with a tall man who looked down at you, an unreadable expression on his face.

You recognized him but you couldn't recall where.

Without any words however, he turned and headed straight for the cash register, making you panic.

Just when you thought he was going to rat you out though, you saw him grab his wallet and your jaw dropped.

W-was he paying for it?...

You started shaking, for different reasons now, and you gritted your teeth in anger.

Who did he think he was to be doing this for you...

You knew your anger was misplaced but after the shitty week you had gone through and the amount of things you had failed to steal, this man was a perfect victim to unleash your fury upon.

You were being irrational but at the same time your pride didn't allow you to accept anyone's pity, especially not from this handsome stranger. You couldn't afford to be indebted to someone -literally and metaphorically.

And because you also couldn't afford to be caught, you did the only thing you could do to protect yourself...

You turned tail and ran.
——————————————————
Taehyung inhaled the fragrant and savory scent of his cup ramen and then slurped up the delectable treat.