As they pile into the hall, taking their seats and start without Taehyung (as Seokjin informs the crowd that the idol-actor is running late and will be joining them anytime soon), the taller man's thoughts disappear from Yoongi's mind but then he is hearing the entire hall break into thunderous clapping and cheering and looks up from the photobook he is signing and looks at the reason for the commotion. He knows it is for Taehyung before he sees him. Taehyung is wearing a simple porpoise polo neck jumper and a simple black duffle coat over it with a pair of black skinny jeans with a PUMA trainers (Yoongi can't help roll his eyes a little at that) pulling his black beanie off his head and Yoongi's breath is blown away. Taehyung is dressed very simple and yet he is so breathtaking. His nose is red, cheeks flushed from cold and Yoongi wants to rub his mitten-clad hands on those cheeks to warm him up. He doesn't realise his heart picks up a little speed. Taehyung is addressing the crowd, holding their attention and his own too.

"Oppa?"

The girl in front of him calls out and Yoongi flushes. He quickly signs it and waits for her to move on. She has a weird expression on her face and he knows this too will be going down into the fan accounts. Fuck. He shouldn't be so obvious especially, not since Taehyung is chattering like his usual self, already joking with the others. He can feel Seokjin's eyes alternating between him and Taehyung. Yoongi has to remind himself to look up, to breath normally and not frown when Taehyung throws a jab in his way or, to laugh at his silliness. He had forgotten that even though it is the first time Seokjin and he is 'meeting' Taehyung since they came back, it isn't so in the eyes of ARMY and the others.

It is the first time he is seeing Taehyung since he realised he is in love with the other man.

He doesn't want to be shallow but Taehyung's visuals are very distracting and he has to constantly remind himself to turn his eyes away after the appropriate time to look at a team member is over.

The two years he had spent in the army, he had imagined several scenarios in which this would go - bumping into each other at the dorms, meeting each other at Daegu. One of the lieutenants he used to chat with who used to take a lot of friendly interest in Yoongi's life used to ask him if he was always lost in a daze was because he was missing his lover and who was the lucky girl. Yoongi had shaken his head saying he had no one. On the days when he was in a good mood, he'd say, 'I am hoping they'll be mine after I go back.' On the other days, he'd remember that Taehyung had almost died because of him. What did it matter if Yoongi loved him now? Wasn't that even more sickening? That he was hoping Taehyung to accept him after he pushed the younger towards death? In those particular days, Yoongi punished himself by testing his mind and body to limits. He had ended up in the infirmary thrice.

Pushing away the dark thoughts, Yoongi tries to be cheerful, cute and be sarcastic as was required of him and the evening comes to an end. Taehyung is gone even before he can bat an eyelid. Seokjin doesn't come to talk to him about it later in the night who has moved into the room with Jimin as both Hoseok and Taehyung spots are empty. Yoongi knows Seokjin did that for Jimin who needs that comfort, that love and a shoulder to lean on that he had been missing for two years. So Yoongi doesn't stop him. He tries to spend more time with the younger boy who is always happy to lap up all the attention as long as they are in the dorm and then Jimin is farthest from him, slinging his arm over Seokjin's shoulder.

Taehyung doesn't turn up at the next fanmeet or the one after that.

Suddenly the memories of the other's impromptu Daegu house trip which Yoongi holds close to himself begins to fall apart, chunks pull out as if it never happened in the first place as doubt begins to creep in. From experience, he knows Taehyung can pretend but at least they could talk on a friendly level? He thinks they had mended their relationship at least that much.