Chapter 12 - Back to the Grindstone

Start from the beginning

Michael quickly changes the subject when he notices how uncomfortable I am talking about Addy's decline. "I heard you're headed out, tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but only for a day or two. Grandfather wants me back to go over some details about the merger." More like a buyout, but that's hard to explain, and definitely not important.

Chandler's hands stop moving down my arm, and I turn to see if she's ok. Taking her in my arms, I ask, "Would you like to go with me? I'd love for you to see my new home." She relaxes in my arms, as if she wasn't expecting me to want her with me.

Uncle Michael excuses himself quietly.

"Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't ask, if I wasn't. Chandler, I want you with me all the time. If I only have you for a week, I don't want to waste a minute." I capture her lips before she could reply, and spend a few minutes lost in her touch.

She wiggles out of my arms and resumes her place behind his shoulders. With soft warm kisses, her lips make a trail from the small patch of skin that peaks under my collar to my ear lobe.

"I'm glad you feel that way, because I brought my clothes, and I plan on taking you up on those promises you made yesterday." She informs me. The promises of making love to her and taking my time.

In an instant I spin around in my chair, pinning her between my knees and planting my hands firmly on her sweet little ass. "Oh, you are, now?" She takes my mouth to heaven with the slow heated movement of her lips. "Let's see what I can do about that."

Turning off the lights and grabbing her bag, I pull her close as we walk to my room. Chandler always has a way to help me forget my worries. Giving over to the promises I had made to explore her body, I am lost to everything but her. Slowly capturing her sounds, eliciting new ones, we fall asleep wrapped together.

Chandler is draped across my chest when the phone wakes me. Tonya leaves a message to let me know that Grandfather is expecting me for a 2:30 meeting with Senator McHutchins. So, a lazy morning in Chandler's arms is out of the question.

My hand traces her hair down to the middle if her back, pulling her even closer as I do so. "Morning," Chandler says sleepily as I nuzzle her neck. "Hmmmm," is the response to my kisses and roaming hands. The sound of accelerated breathing fills the room as my body is joined with hers, setting a gentle pace, taking my time to love her the way she deserves.

After a few phone calls and a quick shower, we are at my mom's house for a late breakfast. I just need to check on Addy before I leave for a few days. She needs to know I'm not abandoning her the first chance I get - I would never, and Chandler wouldn't let me.

The flight was short. In actuality it isn't, but considering I spent the entire time wrapped up with Chandler, it was short. It's not that we have to be touching when we are together, but it's nice when we have nothing else consuming our time except for each other.

Thomas greets us as we exit the plane. "Home or office?" He asks.

I turn to Chandler. She's dressed in a casual dress and light sweater, but looks every bit the confident professional she is. "It's up to you."

"Well, I'd like to see Tonya and Deena. I also could check on progress with the FCC, if you need me to," she offers.

"This is a vacation for you."

"No, this is me spending time with you. If you are in a meeting with your grandfather and Sen. McHutchins, then I can get a little work done while I'm here."

"God, you're wonderful." I say before connecting quickly with her lips. "Thank you. At least now I know you won't be bored waiting for me, because I'm not sure how long this meeting will last. McHuntchins heads the subcommittee on Communication Technology and Commerce. I'm sure this is Grandfather lobbying a bill or smoothing out the path for the merger or something."