auditions.

I didn't really take note of you at first, you seemed like a young, immature kid that was just another write off; but damn was I wrong.

-

I auditioned with a MGK song, a song that isn't exactly categorized as a pop ballad, and you auditioned with a Kanye song. Although two different songs by two different artist, both fall under the same creative genre of rap.

You did a thing where you beatboxed, and man was I shocked. I mean I'm barely 18 and can rap, but to be 18 and be able to beatbox that well?

Update: Miles just whispered to me that you're only 14.

Fuck me, man. You're so talented.

It wasn't until Timbaland asked me to spit something off the dome that I got a better look at you.

I could tell just how nervous you were by the way you would laugh uneasy at everything being said, and how you gripped the microphone like it was about to slip through your hands, and how your sweat beads danced upon on your forehead; causing your hair to slightly frizz up.

You started with a simple beat, but sped it up till I motioned I was comfortable.

"I'm in your veins like poison,

I'm like America,

put me in the boyband."

I actually meant to say us-, put us in the boyband.

-

I prayed we would both get through, and I prayed that I would be in a group with you. The last part I probably should've prayed harder for, because it didn't come true.

After the show was done filming, the boys were grouped one-by-one. Not once did any of those other 16 names matter though, or even the five that were called to be in my group; because none of them were Jay.

For a whole week I would be getting to know 5 guys who I showed no interest in, as I patiently awaited to meet this super cool 14, who I really believe is 18, year old kid.