Chapter 6: Party Prep

"You two are the nosiest people I know," I tell the girls once Lucas is gone, "Really, Loraine? Lucas Holy? How awkward can you be?"

I'm reeking with embarrassment. My cheeks are warm, probably tinted with pink, for the sake of Loraine. Not even my own. Lucas probably thinks that I live with a bunch of lunatics. He wouldn't be completely wrong about that. Ashley and Loraine are more than a handful, but I didn't expect them to ambush poor Lucas like that the moment they realized he was in the room. I mean, who does that to a stranger?

Loraine waves me off before plopping down on the couch, "Girl, hush. He knew I was just messing with him. Well, I actually wasn't but that is completely besides the point."

"You were doing the absolute most," Ashley says. She was. It was all out of good fun, though.

"Forget whatever I said. Let's talk about the fact that it took a fine, daddy-ish looking dude to talk Leya into going out. Like, if I would have known that was all it was gonna take to get her to go, I would have plays that card with her ages ago."

"I did not agree to go to the party because Lucas asked me," Lies. All lies, "I didn't have a chance to enjoy the last one I went to because my friend was a complete mess so I decided that it wouldn't hurt if I go one more time so I can experience the moment authentically."

Ashley smirks, "Oh yeah? And what caused you to have that revelation?"

"Lucas asked me."

Maybe I should not have said that. The only thing that did is solidify the point they are trying to make. Even if they are right, I refuse to let them have that to hold against me. I'll never hear the end of it. Sighing, I make wave the girls off before they can continue to joke around with me. I really am tired. Loraine looks hesitant to leave me alone, but the look Ashley shoots her allows me to go to my room free of being grilled about Lucas any further. I'm sure the two of them have more questions to ask. Something tells me that I'm gonna be bombarded by them later.

The moment I make it to my room, I immediately begin to strip out of my clothes and throw on a tank top. I head to my wall mirror and quickly split my hair into two messy braids. Completely forgoing bottoms, I turn on the television and turn off the lights before crawling in bed to binge watch The Walking Dead episodes on Netflix. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep to the sound of shouting and the peculiar noise of the zombies, as known as walkers, on the screen.

My alarm goes off sooner than I would like the next morning. Actually, it's the correct time but would much rather spend the little bit of time that I do have in my bed rather than getting up at six o'clock in the morning for a seven o'clock class. I don't know what possessed me to sign up for something that I know I'm gonna struggle to wake up for.

I'm like a zombie as I mechanically get up from bed and toss the blanket to the side. One butt cheek has definitely escaped out of my panties and the braids in my head are sticking up like antennas. I don't have to look in the mirror to know that I look beyond crazy. I feel just as crazy.

Like usual, I go to my closet and pull out a plain black t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I toss the clothing over my shoulder and gather my things to take inside of the bathroom to shower. The warm water running down my skin awakens me a little, but I still feel kind of sluggish once I finally begin to wash. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Once I'm finished, I change into my clothes before going back out into the hallway. Ashley and Loraine must still be asleep. Just in case, I close my bedroom door shut and use my room mirror instead of the one in the hall.

I brush my hair back into a ponytail and spritz a little perfume around my neck. Who am I kidding? I have absolutely no one to be smelling good for, but hopefully an additional pleasant scent will add a little brightness to my day.