Five.

And something did indeed happen.

Elizabeth hadn't even got a mere five feet from the two young men when the ship suddenly lurched violently to one side, causing her to let out a shriek of panic before she was falling onto the closest table.

Alex lunged forward to help her, barely managing to grab her hand before there was an almighty crash and water was bursting into the ship.

Elizabeth took a deep breath before it managed to engulf her and the force of it caused Alex's hand to be wrenched from hers.

She was on her own. The thought alone terrified her and she wildly looked around, searching for absolutely anyone but she couldn't see anything. Not even her own hands.

The ship's metal was groaning and she could hear the screams of her fellow passengers as as clear as day.

Her head was spinning, her eyes were begging to be shut and her lungs were begging for oxygen but she knew she couldn't give up. She had made it this far.

And then she saw it.

A bright light was streaming through the murky water from above and for a few short seconds, she believed that she hadn't made it until she realised that it wasn't heaven.

The door.

Her foot came in contact with something flat, the table she had fell into most likely and she used that to kick off, which propelled her upwards, towards the light and with one last surge of strength, she managed to pull herself through the water and up through the door.

Her hands came in contact with metal, which she gripped tightly, pulling herself up as she fought desperately to catch her breath.

Opening her eyes, she saw that the ship was almost completely parallel to the water and she knew that if she didn't move now, she would be pulled down by the suction of the ship.

So with a little difficulty, she managed to climb over the railing before launching herself further into the ocean.

It was pitch black outside the ship, nothing but the moon shining down on them and while the life jacket was doing most of the work at keeping her afloat, she still had to tread the water but she was exhausted.

Elizabeth slowly looked around, looking at each soldier individually as she searched for either Alex or Tommy but everyone surrounding her in the water, were strangers.

"Alex!" she called weakly, spluttering on some water that somehow made it down her throat, "Alex! Tommy!"

She knew that it was a long shot but still, when she got no reply, she let out a small sob. She was definitely on her own for now.

Unknown to her, both Tommy and Alex had gotten out just ahead of her and were now treading water a little ways away.

It was just too dark for either of them to see each other.

"Elizabeth?" Alex spluttered, pushing his hair from his eyes, "Did you see her?"

"She was with you."

"We got separated," he explained, spotting some small boats heading their way, "Christ, she could be anywhere!"

Tommy started swimming towards the vessels, calling her name every few minutes and when he was met with nothing, Alex felt his heart sink.

She couldn't be dead. She just couldn't.

He was worried. Really worried when Tommy didn't get any reply.

Until...

"Tommy?" he heard her voice coming from the direction of the boats, "Tommy!"