[2] The Boy

( The pic is a drawing I drew of the bracelet. )

*Astrid's POV*

I pull out my axe while Stormfly gently puts him down. I cautiously approach him. Even though Stormfly seems to be at ease with him, I'm not so trusting. I kneel down and inspect him closely. He looks to be around my age.

        He has dirty (H/L) (H/C) hair with bits of leaves and sticks stuck in it. Most of his (S/C) skin looks bruised or scratched. He wears a thick long sleeve (F/C) cotton shirt under a sleeveless furry beige shirt. He also wore beige pants that went into his black fur boots. And a leather belt with a built in pouch and dagger holsters is fastened around his waist. He has large gash on his right arm and it looks like he was bleeding from the head, telling from all the dried blood on it. I kneeled down and listened closely to see if he was breathing.

         Yup, he's still alive. I thought as I hear his faint ragged breath.

I sit up and look around. If he was out in the storm, its a miracle that he survived. Stormfly let out a curious squawk, causing me to look back at her. She was looking at me while nudging the guy's arm.

"What is it?" I ask her. Stormfly responds by nipping down on his right sleeve. "Stormfly no, stop biting his clothing. You don't know where it's been." I scolded her.

        She ignored me and continued messing with his sleeve. I frowned. "Stormfly, I said stop." I command. Again she ignores me. I growl. "Stop being a disobedient dragon and stop chewing off the guy's shirt!" I yell at her and push her head off of him.

        She squawks and steps back before sitting down. I sigh and rub my hand down my braid. Then I look down at the sleeve Stormfly was chewing and I noticed something peeking out from under it. I push the sleeve up and out of the way to reveal a bracelet. It has one symbol on the thick leather strap. A moon carved out of dark oak with a nightfury symbol carved out of birch fixed on top of the moon, with a ruby used for the nightfury's eye. I move to take it off him to see if anything else was-

"Whatcha find?" Called Hiccup from above. I stand up and turn around to see Toothless land and Hiccup dismount. Then Hiccup noticed the boy. "Who's that?" He asked pointing to him. I simply shrugged.

"I don't know. Stormfly found him like that." I replied. Hiccup walked over to beside me and looked down at the boy.

"Do you know where he came from?" Asked Hiccup worried for the guy's well being.

"No, but I found that." I said pointing out the bracelet still on the guy's wrist. Once Hiccup saw what it was, his eyes widen.

"I've never seen a symbol like that before. Much less with a nightfury." Hiccup gaped. I scowled.

"Well, I think its a bad sign. I think we should either imprison him for interrogation. Or drop him off on another island to make sure he doesn't cause any trouble." I responded while standing up. I certainly don't want to deal with another Heather on our hands.

"What! No, we can't do that!" Hiccup protests.

"Why not?" I retorted.

"One, just look at him! It looks as if he got caught in the middle of the storm!" He reasoned. I cross my arms and roll my eyes.

"Then we bandage his major wounds and he should be fine." I replied. I'm not that cruel.

"And two, I'm chief! And I say we aren't doing that!" He point out. I felt myself grow hot.

"Just because your chief doesn't mean I'm going to do everything you say." I pointed at him, stubbornly gritting my teeth. 'The nerve' I thought angrily to myself. Hiccup just responded by letting out a frustrated sigh and rubbed a hand down his face. Toothless sat next to the boy and watched with mild interest. Stormfly cleaned her wing over to the side by nibbling on it with her mouth.

"Look. How about we take him back to Berk. Treat his wounds. And have some people watch over him to make sure he doesn't do anything when he wakes up. Sounds good?" Hiccup compromised. I thought for a moment. Well, at least he won't be able to pull a Heather on us without us knowing. A thoughtful smirk made it's way to my lips.

"Deal," I agreed.