Bambi deleted scene

Bambi may be one of Disney's most iconic classic films, but what if we told you that Walt Disney himself wanted it to be even darker than it already is?

It's always fascinating to consider what our favorites would be like if they were different than how we know them (like if an actor ended up in a different role than what we know them best for). Or, you know, if a movie about a baby deer ended up being a lot more terrifying. Honestly, this big change would have had us completely shook.

According to Hello Giggles, Disney Animation Visual Developmental Artist Paul Felix discussed Bambi during a press day for the film's 75th anniversary. He talked a bit about how the movie takes viewers for a spin: "It does have that thing in common [with horror movies], where you’re turning against expectations. You think watching this fawn growing up, and THAT happens ... But having watched again a couple of nights ago…when the danger of men [is first explored], it could have been a lot worse." (Paul's probably talking about the death of Bambi's mom when he refers to "THAT.")

He continued, explaining that there were some ideas for the movie to be even darker. He said, "There was a long part during production [of the movie] where [Walt] Disney wanted an image of man’s dead hand ending the fire sequence. Like, men created the fire, and is destroyed by it. So you would see [his death]. I don’t know if it was charred or what [but you’d see that image]."

Bambi is already a pretty somber Disney movie and people have taken notice. Hello Gigglespoints out that Time named Bambi one of the "top 25 horror movies" of all time back in 2007.

An even darker Bambi? Maybe it's time for a gritty, live-action reboot.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/bambi-walt-disney-dark-ending/amp

Ehh that wasn't too bad... I need to find something worse... *smiles* or I should make one hehe... >:D

This is dedicated to Nightmare_Wolfy for giving me the idea for Bambi (sorry if I spelled it wrong ;-;)