“That's what they say, great minds think alike huh?” He tries to joke around, reduce the awkwardness between us. I raised my eyebrows, kept a blank look.

He got the message I was sending him with my body language. “Fine, Let's not beat around the bush. I know that you don't like me, or probably hate me.” Ryan states in a plain tone, business tone.

“Yay! Finally, the boy won the Oscar.” I said sarcastically.

“Look, I know you know my secret. Please don't tell Alyssa.” He pleads me with a kind of pained look.

“Why should I hide from her? She deserves to know the truth.” I retorted back harshly.

“ I promise, I will tell her when the time seems right.” Ryan answers me as he waits for my answer. I didn't reply anything for a while, I glanced at his face for a moment, to see if he really had changed as Alyssa thought him to be. Well he looked a bit mature, he seems to be speaking the truth. But I won't let him out of my sights.

I walked away from him and muttered the words, I knew that I would regret it later, “Fine. But it better be soon.”

“Thanks Alice.” His words sounded with enthusiasm was slowly fading off as I walked away from him.

~*~*~*~

“Hey there you are, Alice. How come you came today so early, better you could have come tomorrow.” Alyssa says to me sarcastically as she spotted me coming over to our table.

“I had some work to take care of.” I replied in a straight tone, I bit my lips because I knew I was hiding something from her. And I'm sure she figured it out. She was sitting next to Josh.

She mouths me, “You have to spill the beans, later.” I shrugged. We just stared at each other for a while. Neither of us speaking any words.

Josh cuts our silent conversation, “What's going on?”

“Where's Steve? Usually he sits with us on Friday.” I tried to change the topic.

At the mention of Steve, Alyssa smiles an evil grin, but it was gone in a flash.

“He got to do some work, so he had to leave sooner.” Josh answers on behalf of Steve with a blank look. I and Josh got along well. We were okay with each other, we were perfectly fine with hello and bye and short talk friendship.

“Okay.” I muttered.

“Hey Alice, the rumours that's been going around is that Mrs. Figgins is on leave today, so you guys got a free Physics period.” Josh informs me.

I could see Alyssa trying to control her laughter, I didn't know as to what the hell is going on.

“Is there something going on?” I asked suspiciously to Alyssa. She had a look, trying to hide her excitement. Again I was so clueless as to what was going on.

I stared at her eyes, she has a weakness, if you would stare into her eyes, she would give up anything.

“Your phone is ringing, Alice.” Josh cuts our conversation, trying to make me ignore Alyssa answer.

I looked at the caller's Id. Macho. Immediately a smile formed on my face, I picked up the call.

“What? Missed me already?” I whispered softly not wanting others to hear our conversation.

“Yes dear, you know me so well. I got a free period, I am stuck in something, so I had to time pass the time, so I called you up.” He teases me.

I could see Alyssa waving her hands in front of my face, trying to gain my attention. She mouths “ The bell has rung, and you are free so please bring Josh's guitar from the music room.”