10. An unexpected guest

Ai Jei's POV
I was in the dojo training when I heard the Whoosh of the paper doors sliding open and the heavy clunk of boots on the lacquered floor. I glanced up to see Fei Xuan accompanying my husband. Wait my husband when did I start calling him my husband.
"Little one would you like to spar?" asked Xi pointing at the wooden swords that hung on the wall. Grinning, I grabbed the sword which Xi had gestured to and pointed it at him.
"En guard!"
Xi gripped a sword in both hands while I opted for two swords, one in each hand. We faced each other. He slashed I dodged, I lunged he parried the duel went on for 15 minutes until finally Xi lunged at me, seeing the perfect opportunity I flipped over his head and held a sword to his throat.
"Well done little one you win." He said putting his hands up to show his defeat. Quickly, I withdrew the blades from his throat.
"Little one do you remember your mother?" asked Xi. I hissed, that was a touchy subject for me. Wait me! I'm getting too used to this body I'm starting to think like Ai Jei.
"She left when I was young.... she was the only one who loved me." Xi put a comforting arm around my shoulders.
"Little one," he whispered ," she didn't leave you..."
I stared at him in horror.

"She was killed by my stepmother: her cousin, the empress."

With that I collapsed.

A couple of hours later I came to. Damn I have a terrible headache. Hearing a gentle snore I turned to see Xi's sleeping form on the edge of my bed.
"Ai...Jei.......zzzz" Xi said still fast asleep. Gently lifting his head with one hand ,I tucked my hair behind my ear, I leant down and pecked his lips. His blue eyes flashed open. In shock I dropped his bread and blushed crimson.
"Ahem...." our heads whipped around colliding mid way.
"Owwww" We both rubbed our heads and looked at the messenger and the dangerously handsome man stood behind him. How long have they been standing there? Did they see our...kiss?
"Your Majesties I would like to present his highness First Prince of the Snowsaint country Huang Li."
With a wave of the newcomer's hand the messenger scampered away. Prince Huang Li stalked towards us.
"Prince, Princess," he said respectfully bowing to us. I smoothed my hair and quickly returned the gesture. Looking up he smiled wickedly at us.
"Xiang Chuan are you that tame that your wife has to kiss you first?" he asked striding towards us "Also that she is still so innocent to blush after a kiss?"
"Although she is stunning." He said tilting my chin up with a finger.
"Get off her!" Xi growled his body moved to shield me. "She's mine!"
"Xi it's okay..." I began
Out of the blue Prince Huang started to laugh. "Look at you claiming her like the mutt you are. Well I'll see you around Xi." He said stalking out of the room. Even from here I could feel his smirk.