Sick Day

*Buster is sick and Eddie is cutely worried. I've had this in my head a long time, first sickfic I'd love tips*

Buster woke up one morning with a sore stomach and a headache. His stomach bubbled angrily and Buster groaned, turning over under the covers. He forced himself to get ready when his alarm went off and ate breakfast with Eddie like usual; Buster would just have to hide his illness so that he wouldn't have to miss Meena's first concert in his theater. He knew it would mean so much to her to have his support from the audience and he wouldn't skip out for a simple cold. Nope. Even as his stomach burned and he suppressed a groan, Buster willed himself into a car and to his theater.

Eddie wasn't so thick as not to have noticed Buster's symptoms. When Buster took an Advil even though he never takes meds, when Buster didn't take his hand off his belly for a good ten minutes... Eddie chewed his lip and fidgeted but knew better than to say anything, because Buster would just deny it. He'd just wait until Buster was too tired to resist any longer.

&&Four Hours Later&&

Eddie rubbed Buster's head as his love hunched over the trashcan for the third time that day. Buster wiped his mouth and rinsed it out at the sink, and Eddie leaned over with a worried face, "Are you still sure you're not sick?" Buster groaned and put his face against the cold tiles. "Okay, yes, I'm sick. I feel awful. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I knew you'd want me to stay home but I just can't miss Mina's concert tonight. I really owe her my support." Eddie nodded. He understood how Buster felt but he knew that he had to do something. "Okay. We'll go to Mina's concert. Maybe this is just some sort of bug. But if you get any worse than this I'm taking you to the hospital." When Eddie had been rubbing Buster's head he had felt the high fever rising from the koala's fur and was panicking slightly. Buster had said that his stomach hurt and the fever was adding a worrying layer; Eddie didn't think it was flu. 

Eddie and Buster still went to Mina's concert that evening, and made sure Mina saw them in the crowd, but Buster didn't make it to the end. The koala was subconsciously trying to burrow into Eddie's wool, his eyes half-shut. 

Eddie took him to the hospital at intermission after a hurried apology and congratulations to Mina. She didn't mind, she could see Buster was sick and was flustered that he'd came anyway. Buster had appendicitis; the doctors chided the couple on waiting so long, but otherwise he was fine. Eddie got a video of Buster loopy on pain meds, so it wasn't all that bad. Whenever Eddie was at work and missing his koala, he would always see it in his camera roll and smile. So far Buster doesn't know about it, and he has no idea that Ash why Ash randomly snickers at him, or that she was playing with Eddie's phone and found it.