10• Jack

"Hello good people! Welcome to the live stream. We'll be answering some of your questions, so fire away."
Jack spoke cheekily into the camera.
Currently we were at his house hanging out, just being the best friends we are.
I've known Jack for a long time; before he was famous, he moved in next door & our parents thought it would be good to hang out.
Since then we've been inseparable.
I was never in the spotlight, I usually didn't want to be. I was in a few of his photos, usually always being asked if we were dating; which I kindly replied to with a no.
I made occasional appearances on his lives, joking around and answering questions.

"Ava! Say hi to the people."
I looked up from my phone and gave a mock salute.
"Okay, someone asks, 'how long have you and Jack known each other?'"
I put my phone down and threw an arm lazily around his shoulder,
"A very long time. Waaaay too long."
The sarcasm in my voice was evident, causing Jack to laugh.
"Oh you love me!" He held his hands up to his cheeks and squished them together.
"Sure short stack. I'm gonna go get some food, want anything?" I asked, getting up from the couch we were currently sitting on.
"Nah, I'm good. Okay! More questions."
I chuckled and walked through the living room, and into the doors of the kitchen.

With goldfish crackers in my hand, I heard Jack change his tone. I eavesdropped just enough to hear what he was saying.

"Okay seriously. I'm really disappointed in you guys. Commenting things like, 'you're way too good for her' and saying rude things; that sucks. She is a gorgeous girl who I am lucky enough to call my best friend. And so what if we were dating? What would it matter? I can tell you it sure wouldn't change my feelings about her. Goodbye guys." He turned off the live. I walked through the doors into the living room. Jack was running his hands through his hair, muttering curses under his breath.
I ran next to him, sitting on the couch. Rubbing his back kindly, I finally asked what was up, pretending I didn't hear his last words.
"Hey, hey. Jack what's wrong?"
He looked up with glossy eyes. Before I knew it, he smashed his lips onto mine for a few seconds. Pulling away he was a blushing mess; but I was too.
"A-Ava. They were saying awful things about you and I couldn't stand for it. I love you so much, and lately all the hate about everything, it's getting to me. I-I need someone there. I need you Ava."
His statement broke my heart. I engulfed him in a hug.
Still shaken up from the kiss, I started to speak shakily.
"Jack. I'll always be there. Whether you're a hit man or an actor. You'll always be the most important person to me."
He looked up, giving me a small smile.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah, always."
"W-Will you go out with me?"
I couldn't believe it. My best friend of almost 10 years was asking me out.
To respond, I kissed him, and he kissed back.
"Of course."

We were both smiling messes for the rest of the day. But we were smiling messes together.

a/n just a side note; most imagines in this book will only be consistently around 500-1500 words, just because of the daily updates. Thank you! x