Broken Promise

"SHES IN CHICAGO?!"

"Yeah, I'll handle it. I just need to get a hold of Garte.."

"GARTE?!" Gene yells. "BUT ISN'T GARTE-"

"Shh!" I cover his mouth. I remember how I used to feel guilt about never telling Sasha and Zenix about Garte, but now I see I could've never trusted them.

"An abuser? Yeah." Zenix shrugs.

I blink. "H-How do you know?"

"Gene told us in highschool." Sasha shrugs.

I blink back the tears and stare at Gene.

"Y/N it's not-"

I shake my head and run out the door as I let the tears stream down my face. H-How could he do this?!

I hear Gene yell my name behind me. He places his hand on my shoulder and I shrug it off as I start running towards the house. I dart inside and slam the front door in Gene's face and run into the bedroom, locking the door.

I slide down against it, staring at the wall as I cry. I hear the front door open and a knock on the bedroom door shortly after.

"Y/N, please let me in."

I ignore him and sniff.

"Please baby?" He begs.

I stand up, opening the door a bit to peek out at him, letting him see my tear-stained face, and shut it a few seconds later. I re-lock it and slide back down against the door.

"I'm sorry Y/N, just let me explain.."

I sniff again and don't respond.

"I wanted them to know just in case anything happened to you.." He sighs.

I stay silent. He does have a point.. but he did tell them without asking!

"I know I didn't ask Y/N... but it was what I thought was best.. please forgive me?" He pleads.

I sigh and unlock the door. He opens it and hits me in the head.

"OOF!" I fall backwards.

"OH! I'M SORRY!" He picks me up and helps me to my feet. "ARE YOU OKAY?!"

I nod a bit and walk over to the bed. I lay down and sigh.

He jumps in bed next to me and pulls me into his arms. I just lay there and let him. He wipes a tear away from my cheek and kisses me softly.

The words: "I love you.." slip out of my my mouth. My eyes widen involuntarily. L-Love? Do I love Gene?