Chapter 7

The last few days were pure chaos in the castle, everyone preparing for my… our wedding. This was a truly scary thought, as I never imagined getting married until I was much older. But over the last few days I’ve also learned just how much of a caring individual Thor was. Sure when we had first met he was extremely arrogant and rude… but that was just a mask. Deep down he was a very thoughtful and caring man, especially when it came to children.

Becoming a mother was something I didn’t want growing up, seeing how much my father struggled raising me on his own smashed any motherly dreams I once had. But seeing Thor play with a group of children at one of their many parties made me realize just how much I did want that. A little girl, with curly blonde locks running around after her father… God how I wanted it to be real. 

“Darling?” I was broken out of my thoughts, meeting his piercing gaze. He had a small boy on his shoulders, a relaxed grin on his lips. “Yes?” I replied, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I had already grown accustomed to his many affectionate names. Setting the boy back down, he seated himself next to me on the stone bench. “Is something wrong? You’ve been extremely quiet all day.”

I shrugged, looking down at my lap. “I’ve just been thinking is all.” An arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me in closer to his side. “What about?” He continued to ask but I bit my lip, not exactly wanting to tell him I’ve been thinking about having kids with him. “It’s nothing really, I’m fine Thor.” He sighed but didn’t push it any further, keeping his arm firmly wrapped around my waist.

I was also shown another side of Thor that day- his jealous and possessive one. While we had spent the rest of the day in the courtyard, quietly discussing things until it was time for our engagement party which was being held later that night. Frigga had picked out an absolutely beautiful dress for me, much to my appreciation. I wasn’t exactly the greatest when it came dressing up… or anything girl for that matter.

 Staring at myself in the mirror I smoothed out my dress, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I was beyond nervous, the entire population of Asgard was here… to celebrate our engagement. Who wouldn’t be scared shitless? Everyone would be judging me, whether or not I was going to be good for the future King of Asgard. I knew Thor was quite the ladies’ man before I had arrived, and would any of his past flames cause me any trouble?

A small sigh escaped my lips, carefully lifting up the hem of my dress before I moved away from the mirror. Thor had gotten ready with his father, leaving me to my own thoughts. Nearing the top of the staircase I could hear loud chatter, laughter filtering up to where I stood. I swallowed the lump in my throat before gripping the railing, slowly descending down the marble staircase.  The loud chatter instantly ceased, all eyes turning to me.

My face instantly flushed, stumbling a bit at the last step and hands snaked around my waist to steady me. Looking up I was surprised to find Loki, Thor’s brother. I hadn’t seen much of him around the few weeks I had been here, and he suddenly just appears to help me."You alright?" I nod, feeling extremely uncomfortable with him so close. A loud throat clearing made us break apart, Thor’s arm replacing Loki’s immediately. “Brother.” He mumbles, pulling me into the large crowd of people. 

I send him an apologetic glance, which he just shrugs and turns to his mother. I was lead to a group of Thor’s friends, all of them boisterously loud compared to the others in the room. I felt extremely out of place among them, as I was a very quiet and reserved person; most of the time anyway. I couldn’t pay attention to what they were talking about, my eyes scanning the room before another male had caught my eye.