14. I am the storm

"The devil whispered in my ear; 'you're not strong enough to withstand the storm.' Today I whispered in the Devil's ear; 'I am the storm.'"

Tony flew into the prison in the base of the compound, where Loki sat calmly. "How. Dare. You." Tony hissed, stepping out of his suit. Loki looked up with a smug expression. "How dare I come back? There was nothing strong enough to stop me - that I knew of. I obviously underestimated your new little..."

Tony's fist connected with the everything-proof glass and he cut Loki off. "How dare you bring him into this fight?!" He snarled, and Loki raised an eyebrow in surprise. "'Him'? You mean you're little sidekick Spiderman..."

"He is not a sidekick." Tony cut him off again, and Loki sighed. He hated getting cut off. "Yes, I realized that when he defeated all of you - and then me! Very interesting. I wouldn't object to learning about him, unlike the rest of you who are predictable and, frankly, boring."

"You will never see him again, if I have anything to say about it." Tony hissed, leaning back and attempting to reign in his temper. "And, if I have anything to say about it, you will never see the world outside this cell again. I don't care if you're a god. You crossed a line."

Loki jumped up from his poor excuse for a seat and slammed a fist against the very same glass - which they tested with Thor and knew would hold. "You will not deny me! I have more power than you can fathom!" Tony paused before getting back into his suit, and turned back with a smirk.

"Then how were you defeated by a teenager?"

oOo

Peter's eyes slammed open, immediately being accosted by light. Yelping in surprise, he shielded his eyes with his hand and felt a tug as something was pulled out of his arm. He flailed around until he managed to sit up.

Where the hell was he? He was in a sterile white room, sitting on a strangely uncomfortable white bed, staring at a woman dressed in a white lab coat, and there were machines all around him with strange... wait, what?

"Wh-wh-who are you?" Peter sputtered, scrambling away from the Asian woman. Hang on, was she holding his shirt?! Peter looked down at himself to see he was shirtless and patched up, but thankfully still had pants on.

"I'm Dr. Helen Cho. Mr. Stark called me in to help you - you were in a bad way." Dr. Cho explained sweetly. Bad way? No doubt! Peter remembered being pummeled by every Avenger and then nearly frying his own brain to save the day. But now, he felt good as new!

"Uh, th-thank you for, um, helping me." Peter said awkwardly, rubbing his wrist which was bleeding from where he pulled out the IV upon waking up rather ungracefully.

"I really didn't do much." Cho admitted modestly. "You have an amazing healing factor - quite remarkable. All I had to do was set a few things back in place and clean your wounds - your body did the rest!" She told him, and Peter blinked in confusion. He knew he had somewhat of a healing factor, but it wasn't as amazing as she claimed.

Peter did know, however, that he was wicked hungry. He grabbed his mask from the table beside his bed and paused. "U-um... can I... uh... have my shirt, please?" Peter asked, looking sheepishly at the upper piece of his costume. Cho blinked in surprise and quickly handed the blushing teen his shirt.

"Of course. Sorry." She smiled slightly before turning away. "I'm just going to... check on your blood tests." She said quickly, excusing herself and darting out. Peter pulled his shirt on and pressed the center of his suit to tighten it. He then pulled his mask on and stood.