“Lexi…is there something wrong?  Mara, darling are you alright?”

“Mom..she said she feel a little bit dizzy while we are still inside the stadium.  It must be the noise and the heat.”

“No..no..no…I’m alright Mrs. Burchard.  Nothing to worry about.  I’m very fine,” I answered.  

“But you look pale sweetie…I think you need rest,” Mrs Burchard stated in a worried voice.  

“Lexi, I think she needs rest.  Why not you two go home ahead so that Mara can take a rest.  We will just wait for Cesar here.”

“Mrs. Burchard…I’m sorry I didn’t mean to ruin this night.  I am just alright.  If you want I can just take a taxi and go home, Alex can go with you to dinner.”

“What kind of decision is that?” Alex protested.

“No…stop arguing.  You two go ahead and go home while we will wait for Cesar here.  We will celebrate at home.  We can have a dinner at the poolside.”

“That’s a great idea Mamita.  You are really a great mom,” Alex agreed and kissed her mother.

I was not able to air my protest when Alex hold my hand and guided me to her car.  I am really touched when she make sure I am seated safely and comfortably before she went to the driver’s seat.  She fastened my seatbelt and kissed my hand before she turned-on the ignition of the car and drove outside of the stadium’s parking area.  I saw Mrs Burchard talking to his husband , Mimi and Judge…perhaps explaining why we go ahead.  Alex waved to the group before we speed off.  We travel on silent…I kept my eyes closed and Alex believing that I’m not really feeling well thought that I fall asleep.  I continue pretending, because I want to be at peace even for a while.  I want to calm my troubled thoughts and my rampaging feelings. Anxiety is eating up my courage, but I can’t give up now. I made this far…I just can’t give up!

After a couple of minutes I felt the car slowed down. I stopped the urge to open my eyes.  I don’t want to let Alex know that I am only acting.  After a while I felt the car stopped and Alex slowly unfasten my seatbelt…trying not to disturb my “sleep”.  I kept my eyes close, still thinking what is the best way to “wake-up” in this kind of situation.  

Just then, I felt her hand lightly caressing  my face, I slowly opened my eyes just in time for her lips to touch mine.  The kiss was light as feather at first…testing not seeking…feeling not urging.  I am like a child who tasted the sweetest and the most delicious candy ever…I want to consume everything that she offered…I nibbled on her lower lip savoring her sweetness.  I heard she let out a soft moan.  I pulled her closer ignoring how uncomfortable our position inside the car. I am surprised how my body heated just on her mere simple kiss.  I don’t care if she will find me cheap but I’m on the edge of giving in even inside her car.

“Sweetie…we have to stop this if we don’t want the helpers to catch us in an indecent position,” Alex stated between rugged breathing.  I can feel how much she is controlling herself.  She back-off from me and opened her door. She alighted, walked around the car and opened my door.  She offered her hand to me which I readily took.  We walked holding hands towards the door of one of the biggest house I ever seen.

The Burchard house is simple but elegant. The two-story abode was artistically built  far away from the hassle and noise of the city world.  Cluster of trees were deliberately planted near the fence to add cover to the hidden beauty inside.  I am not so sure if the color of the house is white or yellow because it is already dark.  The glow of the lanterns hanged on the trees that lined-up along the pathway adds drama to the well lighted house.  Mrs. Burchard must be a green-thumb because her garden blooms with different kinds of flowers, their sweet fragrance can be smelled on the air.