Chapter 3

Whistles and sound

Going straight and round

Eat and sleep

Few tunnels very deep

The journey was going amazing. I was so happy travelling in the train that I forgot everything. Watching people around, eating food and lying on my top berth listening songs, life was good. I took out my diary to re-read the stuff what I written in the past. I lived in the past and liked it than living in present or future I guess.

"Move away, stay back, just move" I heard people shouting and man was asking people to get aside. I first thought he must be policeman and well, it was great to feel safe but then few people came in and I saw everyone was thrilled with their presence. I looked out and saw they were having guns and knives in their hands. That was very weird scene as I never had seen such thing happening before. I was so afraid I couldn't see them when they passed by my berth, I turned my face away from them.

Finally they passed me and I was relieved. I lied back and was about to have rest and heard a girl's voice, screaming loud for help. It must have been those bad guys after this woman or girl but I couldn't gather enough strength to get up and protect her. I was just myself and they had guns and bunch of guys altogether. Not the full sound of music in my ears was my thing but then I went for it anyway to avoid those unpleasant sounds.

Within very short time, the screams vanished. Was it my high volume song or they got off, I didn't know. Few more stations passed by and I was sure now that they had left. With songs singing loud like so casual, I moved in the passageway in train. I felt as someone tried to stop me but I ignored as I was listening and singing music. And next I moved on to see the scene which I saw only in movies probably or heard the news of. Those men were trying to inject her with something forcefully. One of two men holding her saw and shouted, asked me to run away, other pointed out the knife in his hand towards me.

They asked me to leave for twice but I stood there thinking as what was happening. I couldn't understand how to react to the situation, I was numb, couldn't hear the music so loud in my ears. I didn't move until the guy who had the syringe came towards me to push me off. The girl was calling me to protect her but how could I? I was just myself and I wasn't a cop or any criminal. I was just a student who was already depressed.

"I have nothing to lose, have I?" I asked myself in my head but as I tried to move away from them, that guy came after me and pushed me hard towards the opened door of running train. I somehow protected myself from falling off but I was not too strong to push him back either, lying on my knees with bent neck, I had my phone fallen away from me. I saw the guy coming towards me to push me out of the train but I moved towards the passage wall, my legs came in his way and in a blink of an eye, he was out of the train.

"Oh my god, what I have done!" I thought but with his scream, I saw another guy coming towards me. I was a murderer now, no juvenile thing but a real assassinator. I killed a bad guy and maybe a hero if it was a movie, kind of undercover cop thing. That confidence was enough for me to deal with this next guy. I couldn't stand up before he reached for me but I kicked his leg and got him imbalanced and his knife fallen off. I couldn't use his knife to stab him, I was too weak mentally and unprepared to do that to anyone. While he was looking out for his knife, I knew if he had it, he sure won't leave me so I had to jump and get to the knife before he does. I jumped and had the knife and soon as he reached to grab me, I cut his wrist. He called his companions. I threatened both these guys with knife but the other guy with knife approached me. It was do or die and I threw my knife on him. Knife stuck right into his chest, the third guy was dying, blood spilled all over and second guy ran away. One more guy ran with him leaving the girl alone. I took my phone back and went to the girl.