Chapter:5

Huntington, West Virginia, December 1st

Dad let me go to this one by myself. It was his way of saying I was old enough to be on my own. I got to the arena in my personal truck and parked. I'll be working with the MC here. I'll be paid good for it too. I parked and got out to go in to check in. My dad may be the MC director, but I'm thinking of working full time on this tour.

"Hey Lacey. No dad?" Smith asked. "Nope. Just me." I said as I checked in. I put my lanyard on with my ID before going out. "I wish you luck." He said. "You too." I said before running into somethi-one. "You got to stop running into people." He chuckled. I looked up at him. "Sorry." I muttered. "Never tell me sorry for running into me. Especially not this weekend." He said.

"Would you like to go get something to eat before tonight?" He asked. I stood quietly. "I wouldn't be playing shy at the moment." He whispered in my ear. I felt heat in places I never thought would heat up after he said that. I swallowed hard. "So would you like to go get something to eat with me?" He asked. I nodded. "Use your words sweetheart." He said. "Yes." I said.

He laced his hand with mine leading me out. "Did you get a truck?" He asked. "My dad traded my old one and put in a little more cash to buy me a brand new truck." I said. "Looks newer than mine sweetheart." He said. Why is he acting like this? He opened the passenger side door for me before closing it behind me. He then ran around to the other side and got in.

"I um. Had to clean my truck out before coming because it was so dirty." He said. Did he just stutter? "So you cleaned it out and made sure it was spotless the whole way here?" I asked. "Well. I threw trash away along the way from meals and snacks." He said. "Trying to be a gentleman?" I asked holding up a honeybun wrapper with a slight smirk.

He ripped it from my hand and threw it into the backseat. "That was my breakfast." He said. I silently chuckled. "Just one?" I asked holding two more. He snatched them away and threw them behind him. I let out a more noticeable giggle.

Cody

I saw her chuckle the first time then heard her small giggle. Gosh I knew I should have made sure it was completely clean before going in. Least I got a laugh out of her. It was cute too. Of course she's beautiful, smart, and has an attitude. Whether it be sassy, sweet, mad, excited. I'd have to say irritated is my favorite at the moment, but her shyness is also my favorite. I pulled up to a favorite place of mine while being here. DQ.

Lacey

He pulled up to a DQ. I thought they were only in Texas! He got out locking the door to insure I don't get out. He then unlocked it opening the door letting me out. He opened the restaurant door for me letting me walk in first. We looked at the menu. I decided what I wanted easily. We ordered before finding a place to sit. "So you tried to clean your truck out and failed?" I asked.

He had a slight smirk on his face. "I guess. I mean you did say sentences without stuttering sweetheart." He said. Oh. He did do that. "So why were you so shy?" He asked. "Age." I muttered. "I couldn't hear that." He said. "Age." I said louder. "I wouldn't have done anything until you said you were ready." He said. "Let me guess part of the gentleman act?" I asked.

He choked on his tea. "No. I was raised to be a gentleman. Why would you think that?" He asked. I kept quiet. "Has someone done that to you?" He asked. I looked away from him. "Lacey. Has a boy played that act then dump you for another girl that was giving him what he wanted?" He asked. I looked down picking at my fingernails.

I felt an arm around me. "Were you treated unfairly by a boy?" He whispered. I nodded. He scooted me closer. "Did your dad know about it?" He asked. I shook my head. Our food arrived. We ate in silence. As we were walking out he leaded down whispering, "I won't bug about the details if you don't want to tell them." He opened the door for me letting me get in.

I watched out the window until he cleared his throat. I looked over at him. "How many more hours until you turn eighteen?" He asked clearly wanting to change the subject. The clock said two in the afternoon. "Ten." I answered quietly. "Right at midnight?" He asked. "Well. My dad said it was eleven fifty nine when I was born but the doctor didn't check the time until after midnight. They went with that date on my birth certificate." I said.

"So today is your actual birthday and tomorrow is the date in the records." He said. I nodded. He parked at the ring. "Then am I allowed to do this?" He asked kissing me. I almost jumped at the action, but kissed him back. He wanted to deepen it. I denied. He pulled back looking for approval. "I. I don't know what came over me." He said. I put the console up and moved closer. I pressed my lips against his; kissing him.

He pulled me closer. If we kept going something would have started that shouldn't have been. He pulled back before pecking me on the lips. "Wanna go inside or go do something else?" He asked. "It doesn't matter." I said. I can't believe I just let my mind take over and kiss him! Looks like my crush was more than I thought.