The to my apartment was shorter than I thought it would be. Unpacking was rather easy considering I didn’t have much to my name. Luckily the room was already furnished so all I had to do was by sheets and a few things to make it more like home. Home in Home, yeah that was going to get very old very fast.

After I was unpacked I went to the local store and got everything I needed. Next I went to the grocery store and stocked up on a bunch of stuff. Everywhere I went I kept getting weird looks but when ever I looked back they would look away and keep walking. I swear it was like I was a celebrity or something. So weird. I wonder if this town never gets knew people or something, it’s really starting to creep me out.

After I unload everything back at my apartment I decide to head to the local auto body shop I saw earlier. When I get there it sure is a sight to see.

There are three done right god like in a circle playing what it seems like poker. They don’t notice me at first so I clear my throat. All three heads snapped to me. The biggest one had light brown hair, baby blue eyes and an easily drool worthy body... hell they all did. The other two were identical twins with the reddest hair I have ever seen and lime green eyes that look almost unreal. Baby blues spoke first.

“Hey sexy how many we service you today.”

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “One don’t ever call me that. Two I highly doubt any servicing you would do could pleasure me in anyway, because I’m guessing that’s what you actually meant.” The other two boys laughed at that. “And three I’m here to see if there are job openings.” with that I crossed my arms looking at their shocked expressions.

This time it was one of the twins who spoke up “Hey sorry about him. My names Chris, over there” pointing over his shoulder at his twin “is Erin and this guy right here” pointing to baby blues “is Harry. Don’t let his asshole ways fool you he is already taken and whipped.”

He stuck out his hand and I shook it tentatively. “Hey” Shaking my head to clear it I took a step back as I spoke up again. “As I said before I am looking for a job” I smiled seductively as I added “And I’m good with my hands.”

There was a collective intake of breath and I just couldn’t hold it in. I burst out laughing. When I looked up they had all reigned in their initial reactions just as an older red head came through the door in the back. My guess is that he is the twins dad.

He looked me up and down and said. “How much do you know about cars.”

I smiled and put on a confident face. “Most if not all. Back in my old town me and my friends were into racing but it’s not like you can exactly take your car into a shop and say I want you to fix it up so I can race illegally” I almost started laughing again from the surprised look on all of their faces, even the dads. “So we did all of the work ourselves. If the others could do something they came to me. I also do motorcycles, I recently made one, that runs, from scrapes I found in a junkyard.” Their jaws almost hit the floor, but I was able to keep my features indifferent.

The dad smiled and walked up to me holding out his hand. “Hey my names Garrett. It seems you have already my my sons and their friend” I smiled and nodded. “So when can you start?”

I cracked a small smile and said “As soon as possible.”

“How’s tomorrow at 8 to 3 sound? That will be only weekdays you can have the weekends off, of course it will change when school starts.”

“Sounds perfect” I thought for a second then added “What’s the pay?”

He thought about it for a second then said “You’re 18 right?” I nodded “Good how about 9.15 an hour.”

I stuck my hand out to shake and he took it. “You’ve gotta deal.” With that I turned to leave but was stopped when he called out to me.

“Wait you never told us your name.”

My face instantly went rock hard I hate telling people my name but oh well. I turned to face them with another one of my trademark fake smiles “My names Primrose but please call me Prim.” With that I gave them all a small wave and headed home to crash.

I woke up to the sound of yelling in the other room as an eight year old one would think this was an odd thing but that's not true. They were my alarm clocks, my parents screams that is. They were like clock work. But this time it was different, I could sense the urgency in my dad’s voice begging something of my mom but I couldn’t make out what. As the argument went on their voices got louder and louder. After about thirty minutes of this I noticed the practically every house in my neighborhood had the lights on. I hid in the back of my closet trying to block it all out. I pretended I was anywhere and everywhere but in the house with them. Their lack of love not only for me but also for each other. I heard one final scream and then the front door opening and slamming shut. It was times like these that I wish I had normal hear but nooooo I still haven’t shifted yet my hearing was beyond perfect. I heard the heavy footsteps of my father coming closer and closer. I coward in my closet hoping, praying that he wouldn’t find me as I held my breath. But of course it was pointless as my closet door flew open I prepared myself for the worst.

“You bitch!!! It’s your fault she left.” before I even had time to begin to process his words drew drew his arm back sending it flying straight for my face...

*Gasp* I woke up with a with a start drenched in sweat. I would like to say that this had never happened before but I couldn’t. Every time it was the  same dream, well in this case nightmare, that replied over and over in my sleep. After so many years of being told that it was my fault myy mom’s dead I was starting to believe it. If only I had tried to stop her or if only I had showed he more love. If this, if that I had gone over each and every if in my head but they were just that ifs. I could change the past but I’ll be damned if I let something like that happen again. As long as I distanced myself from others then I could never feel pain if they left.

Giving up on going back to sleep I reluctantly got up seeing that it was five in the morning. I guess I’ll go for a run before work, I had a bad feeling today was going to be a very long day.