Chapter 2

Peeta's POV

School is finally over. We have no homework all week because the teachers think we need to settle in to our new surroundings, which is good I guess. I walk to the parking lot and find Katniss putting her and Prims school bags into the back of her white fiat 500. "Hey kat can you drive me home, it's starting to rain and I walked to school," I croaked , helping her put Prims bag in the back of her car." Sure peety, hop in!". I have no idea why ,but I love when she calls me peety. It's this little pet name she developed over the years for me. Although I do call her Kat so it evens it out. She drives me to my house and I walk over to her side of the car and hug her. "Bye bye kitty I love you!" I blow her kisses as I open the door.

" I love you more peety weety!" And with that she drives back around the corner to her house. I hate being trapped in the friend - zone. It sucks.

I pack my bag to bring to glimmers sleepover later. I decide to text katniss asking if I can bring her to glimmers.

----------------------------------------------

To : Kitty 😻💕💋

Hayy kitty, want me to bring you to glimmer's ?

Crap, I totally forgot plz bring me!💕

No prob! see u at 7 ? 😎

Sure thx! 💕💋

----------------------------------------------

I check the time on my phone and see its 6:55. Oops. I grab my bag with me pjs and stuff and my car keys and drive to katniss's house. "Hey Peety" she giggled. "C'mon let's go, were late!" I laughed as I threw her over my back and snatched up her bag. When we get to glimmers we ring the doorbell and wait. Suddenly the door swings open with glimmer wearing a blue face mask. "GUYS THERE HERE!" she yells up the stairs. Finnick comes tumbling down the stairs wearing a green face mask. "Oh sweeties you decided to join us!" He says in a high pitched voice. He calls me and katniss sweeties, like we're some old married couple, but that's finnick for you. "LETS PLAY TRUTH OR DARE!" he screams. Finnick loves truth or dare. Seriously. We sit in a circle and glimmer grabs a beer bottle from her fridge. "IM GOING FIRST!" finnick boomed through the house. Thank god Glimmers parents are not here. Finnick spins and it lands on me. Crap. "PEETA TRUTH OR DARE"

"finnick calm down hahah" he really needs to calm down. "JUST PICK BREAD BOY!" "Ok dare, jeez" I reply nonchalantly. "I dare you to kiss the person you like!" he says. I give him the look that he knows all too well. Finnick is the only one that knows about my huge crush on katniss. Oh well here goes nothing. I lean over to katniss and peck her on the lips. This could have potentionally ruined our friend ship of over 13 years. Oh God what have I done.