Chapter 13-The first ghosts

I tumble a little bit and Kingsley catches me. Then we all move together to the entrance of the castle. I feel suddenly a weight on my shoulders and see how the giant man has put his mantle on my shoulders to keep me warmer.

-Thank you. Could you please tell me your name?- The big man grumbles something under his breath, but then speaks up. And let me tell you, he can't control his volume.

-I'm Hagrid, the Keeper of Keys and Grounds of Hogwarts .- I nod my head to make him understand that I heard him, even if I have the feeling that my ears are bursting. Suddenly, when I notice that were are in the entrance hall of Hogwarts, I feel the presence of ghosts.

-Students, -the woman of before calls- this way .- We follow her across the flagged stone floor.

I can hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right, the rest of the school must already be here, but the woman whose name was still a mystery shows us into a small, empty chamber off the hall. They crowd in, standing rather closer together than they would usually do, peering about nervously.

-Welcome to Hogwarts, -says the woman .-The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your Houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your House will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your House, sleep in your House dormitory, and spend free time in your House common room. The four Houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each House has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your House points, while any rule-breaking will lose House points. At the end of the year, the House with the most points is awarded the House cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever House becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting .-

She is about to leave, but turns one more time to me.

-Miss, Kingsley will be waiting for you later at the head table. And please put on something else, you are soaking wet .- Then she turns and leaves us completely alone. Or that is what it looks like for everyone else.

I see how everyone is wearing a robe and I can't really change what I am wearing without making it noticeable that I am special, so I will the water to fall down and hope that Kingsley finds a way to explain it.

I hear how the boys of my boat begin to talk about the Sorting Ceremony and that it would be a test of some kind. I still haven't cached the name of the second boy, but I want to leave them alone especially because I know witch surprise is waiting for us outside.

And it is about to get perfect. I walk to the door and turn myself towards all the other students. Never in my life would I miss this moment. Around twenty ghosts walk through the walls and scare the living daylight out of my classmates. It is really hilarious to see how they gasp and the ghosts don't react.

-... Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance .- A fat little monk tells his partner. The partner only answers with something like:

-My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really even a ghost .- I wait for them to notice that were are here, but they look so emerged in their conversation that I feel as my responsibility to get their attention.

-Hey, dead ones .- To this calling they turn surprised .- You know that you are scaring the first years? If you could all please leave again, we are all scared enough with the Sorting .- I see that the ghosts are looking at me and then they feel the aura around me. I have the feeling that if it is possible, the ghosts are even paler than before.

-The Sorting ...-the monk says,-Hope to see you in Hufflepuff! My old House, you know .- I see how they try not to show the nervousness with my presence. His partner isn't as good at hiding his shock and he flies out of the room faster than Daphne ran from Apollo.

-Move along now ,-says a sharp voice .-The Sorting Ceremony's about to start .- I turn around and see the woman of before entering the room. The Friar moves very fast between the students and tries to leave this place.

But, sadly, he doesn't think and tries to go through me. Of course it doesn't work and we fall both on the floor.

-I am sorry, dear Friar. Did you get hurt?- I am kind and give him a hand, but he escapes through the floor.

-Miss Alexia, if you could kindly move along?- I see that all the students are looking at me and I move out of the room, following the woman and followed by the rest of the students. We come until a huge double door. They magically open.

What I see behind it is something incredible. Hundreds of students seated on four different long tables. I assume that every house has its own table. In the front is a big table for, probably, the teachers, and between the two middle tables is a lonely hat on a stool.

I let my mind wander and feel the emotions of all the people around me. But one mind is closed to me. One of the teachers is the one I can't feel. I see how he looks at me and I look away.

Then, a commotion makes me look at the hat. A rip has opened like a mouth and it begins to sing.

Hello readers, I would be happy if you comment, vote or subscribe. If you see any errors then comment them and don't stay silent.
(1074 words)

Please, I have a problem. I don't know in which house to put her, because she is intelligent (Ravenclaw), she helps other people and never goes away of hard work (Hufflepuff), she is brave and fights (Gryffindor) and resourceful and ambitious (Slytherin). If you have any idea where she should go then comment, but she must be able to make friends with Harry, Ron and Hermione and she already got on bad foot with Draco.