-Chapter 4-

Chapter 4:

Seated at a table in the back, I dug into my Veggie burger. "So, care to share some thoughts on tonight?" I asked once I had swallowed my food, as I took my Dictaphone out of my clutch.

"Actually, I'd rather like to talk about you." Harry said.

"About me?" I frowned.

"We've been working together for five weeks and I still know nothing about you. I learnt your name this evening and I only know your age because of your LinkedIn profile."

"But we are writing a book about you." I pointed out.

"I know, but I want to get to know the person writing about my life." He admitted and I supposed he was right. In the past I had only ever opened up to one other client, but because of the way that turned out I general spoke very little detail from my own life. I somehow always manged to turn around the conversation by asking my clients similar questions to what they asked me, insuring limited knowledge on their side.

"There is not much to say." I shrugged, eating some skinny fries.

"I don't believe that." Harry urged on. "Come on, don't make me hire a private investigator." He joked, but it made me feel a little bit ill at ease. Seeing my face he quickly added, "Only joking."

I thought about opening up for a minute. If he felt like he needed to connect with me in order to continue us working together, opening up a little couldn't do much harm. Maybe a few details would be ok...

"Ok, what do you want to know?" I caved in.

Harry smiled a big smile. "I think we should start with some simple information." He suggested, mimicking me from our first meeting.

"Like what?" I rolled my eyes, playing his game.

"Place of birth, family, hometown... that sort of stuff." He continued, trying to imitate my voice.

"I don't speak like that!" I laughed.

"Sorry, never been good at impressions." He laughed back. "So?" He asked once we stopped laughing.

"I was born in England, but I grew up in a gated community in the USA and went to boarding school in France. I have no siblings and my parents are divorced." I said.

"A gate community?" He asked.

"Yeah you know, a big residential housing estate with fences all around to stop non-residents getting in." I explained.

"Oh I see, where rich people live." He said and I grimaced at the term 'rich people', not that he was wrong. I lived there whilst my parents were still married and both of them had a pretty large income. "Sorry." He quickly added.

"It's only the truth." I sighed, eating more of my food.

"So you're an only child?" He asked and I nodded. "And you went to boarding school in France?"

"Yeah, from ten years old to eighteen." I shared.

"So do you speak French?"

"A little bit. I went to an international school where we mostly spoke English." I explained, "But we were still taught advanced French." I added, proud of my linguistic skills, even if they were not perfect.

"So why France?" Harry asked, finishing the last of his food.

"It was far away I guess." I said and instantly regretted my words. "Let's just say that my parents didn't really like children." I explained not wanting to leave my previous statement hanging.

"Ow that must have been hard." Harry physical winced.

"I've never known anything different, so not really no." I paused. "But it meant I got to travel a lot." I changed the topic. "But not to as many places as you." I added.

"Yeah I travelled a lot thanks to the band! Probably one of the only good things... but looking back we never really got to see much of where we went." Harry sighed sadly.

"Yeah I know... I watched your film. The scene of all of you in a delivery truck in Brazil pretty much explains it all." I cracked a smile. "For research, of course."

"Of course." Harry said, nodding his head. "Have you finished?" He asked, gesturing towards my plate with his head.

"Just about." I said.

"Wanna go somewhere else?" He asked.

"Where?" I asked, unsure.

"Somewhere fun." He grinned.

"I'm not sure we really have the same idea of what is fun." I pointed out.

"True, so how about this: I take you somewhere fun tonight and then you take me somewhere fun tomorrow night?" He proposed.

I knew I should refuse. It was a Thursday evening, and even though I had taken the morning off work tomorrow in anticipation of a late night, I would probably end up going in anyway. But I felt like I was connecting with Harry, and that was good for our book. Listening to the little devil inside of me, I agreed.

Harry seemed quite surprised, but quickly got over it.

As we got up to leave I couldn't help but feel proud of myself. I hadn't had a fun evening in a while and if everything went pear shape, at least I got a free meal.

Boy, what could go wrong?

-:-:-:-:-

Chapter 4! Hope you like and if you did don't forget to show me by voting and/or commenting !
If you are enjoying don't forget to add this book to your library!
Love you guys,
-LP
Xx

Chapter 4! Hope you like and if you did don't forget to show me by voting and/or commenting !If you are enjoying don't forget to add this book to your library! Love you guys, -LPXx