Chapter 2 - Coming Home

The flight felt like forever.

"Please may all passengers fasten their seatbelt's to secure a safe landing. Thank you." Said the overhead speaker.

The lady sitting next to me was obviously worried, I could tell planes were not her thing!

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah just nervous, I've never been on a plane before" she said, breathing heavily.

I held her hand for the rest of the landing and assured her everything was going to be fine.

***

I walked out of the plane, into the airport, there were so many people I could barely see. I saw Hayes run towards me and I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed.

"I missed you so much Payton" he said with his head buried in my neck.

"I missed you too Hayes, but I'm home now, don't worry! Where's mom?"

Just as I asked I saw her power walking towards me, pushing anyone out of the way to get through, bless her.

"Payton" she shouted as she hugged me tightly.

"Mom it's 5am, I don't need your shouting." I laughed, of course I missed her loud mouth and wanted to talk to her for hours, but I wanted to get home.

The car journey home lasted an hour and I slept for most of the way.

When I got home I was greeted by a large stack of pancakes that Nash had made me.

As soon as I walked into the kitchen he grabbed me and hugged me.

"I missed you baby sis" he said.

"I missed you too" I replied, whilst fixing his messy bed hair.

"Paypay!!!" I heard a high pitched voice scream.

I felt something rap around my leg. I looked down to see Sklynn hugging me tightly. I quickly grabbed her, throwing her in the air and catching her as I heard her laugh.

"I missed you princess!" I said, tickling her.

***

It was now 8am. I knew Nash had gone back to bed but I was certain he wasn't asleep.

I walked up to his room, struggling to remember which door was his and which door was Will's. Will was at work at this point and I was so excited to see him later.

"Nashy" I whispered whilst knocking.

"Come in" said the tired voice, with his was buried deep in his pillow.

"So you're leaving tomorrow" I said whilst walking in and closing the door quietly, sitting on Nash's bed. "We need to do something crazy today, I don't know when I see you again after today".

"I know what we can do" he said, sitting up excitedly. "We can pack!"

"Pack?" I questioned, my excited mood ruined. "I don't really fancy spending the day sorting all your smelly clothes thank you..."

"Well then pack for yourself?" He said sarcastically.

"Why would I? I've arrived now. I need to unpack!" I replied, putting emphasis on the 'un'.

"No, you need to pack for Magcon." He said, his voice rising.

I looked at him confused.

"I spoke to mom, I spoke to my manager and I spoke to the boys. You're coming with me Payton".

I stood in shock.

"I can't? I don't know anyone?" I questioned, did he really know just how stupid he sounded right now?

"You've know Cameron since we were 2 years old Payton?"

"Yeah but I haven't seen him for 3 years now, things will be awkward".

"Oh well, he'll remember you I'm sure. Anyway the tickets booked so you have to come" he said standing up with a cheeky smile and messing my hair up, he was trying to make me laugh as I was not happy with what I'd just been told.

"IT WILL BE FUN" he said, annoyed.

My face remained straight and unamused.

"SMILE" he shouted, pushing my cheeks up to make a smile form.