(18) Attacked

Nessa's P.O.V.

I lift my head slowly off my desk and realize rhat i had fell alseep there. I slap myself a few times to wake myself up and quickly grab my clothes.

A was a wearing a cute t-shirt with "The Beatles" on the front of it. Then I had a white skirt that wasn't too short, but I didn't have a hippi like one either.

Under my clothes was a swimsuit.

What? I know Christopher warned me not to go back to the meadow. I know that, but I don't want that. Since when do I listen to warnings? My dad warned me about Christopher, and I did the complete opposite of what he wanted me to do.

I'm not going to start listening now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what felt like a thousand hours, I'm pretty sure I completly zoned out. I was in math class, and something about the way Mr. Finn talks makes me want to hit my head on my desk until I pass out. Wow. I'm really moody today.

A hand tapped my desk and I looked up, ready to tell off the person who woke me up.

Mr. Finn. Crud. "Miss Vanessa?"

I cringed and bit my lip. "Sir...?"

"I asked you a question." He said, his eyes raging. Probably grumpy that everyone isn't listening to his lectures.

"I'm really sorry, sir. Can you repeat the question?" I say, my tone slightly snappy and irritated.

"Ahh." He turns towards the class. "And she doesn't know what I asked because she...?" He waited for a moment for the whole class to say the answer in unison.

Silence.

"Because she wasn't paying attention!" Julia yells. Everyone looks over at her and she covers her mouth. "Oh uh, excuse me. Because she wasn't listening to your wonderful, inspirational, speech about how we, just as the kids we are, can become anything with the wonderful thing we call math." She smiles at the teacher.

"Become anything we want to be?" I murmur.

"Like a cashier?" Someone called. I laughed then quickly covered my mouth and peeked at Mr. Finn.

"Excuse me, Mr. Phillip?" He snaps.

Phillip coughs. "Uh, sorry Mr. Finn." He coughs again.

Mr. Finn looks around. "Stop disrupting my class time! Enough of this. Phillip and Vanessa, come see me after school."

The bell rings and he said the two words that was music to my ears. "Lunch time."

I get up, gather my books, and dash out the room. I needed to get out of here.

When I get to the lunch room, I grab a bunch of random food, and slam my tray down at a random place.

The girl I sat beside flinched. "Hi," I said, hoping my bood shot eyes and crazy hair wouldn't scare her. "I'm Nessa."

I hold out my hand for her to shake it. She reluctantly takes it.

"My name is Elaina." She says slowly, eyeing me. "I like your shirt. The Beatles are really cool."

I look down at my shirt and force a smile. "Thanks! I love their song, Yellow Submarine. I like when the drunk guy sings in the background." I laugh.

She smiles. "I love that song, too! I don't remember a drunk guy though..."

I laugh again, probably scaring her. "Yeah, he sounds British-"

A bag falls in front of me and I jump, hearing a shuffle in the seat across from me.