(26) "Nessie"

When My Heart Stops, I'll Give It To You

Chapter 26: "Nessie"

Nessa's P.O.V.

My body shoots up from the bed, glistening with sweat. I'm shaking horribly, but I still feel a huge wave of relief. It was just a dream. I had just dreamt up that whole ordeal and now everything was okay. The thoughts of relief are gone as quickly as they came though.

There's a shot of pain in my arm and I try to think coherently. I'm suddenly aware of my restrained arms, tied to the top of the bedstead in ropes that were burning my skin from shooting up from the bed. Panic sets in and I tried, frantically to move my legs only to feel the same burning sensation of rubbing coarse rope. My legs are tied to the bottom wood of the bed. There's a needle like IV stuck into my arm with clear liquid running through it into me.

I repeat in my head that everything's going to be ok and that I just have to stay calm over and over. I take a few breaths and begin to survey the room I'm in. It's pretty dark, the only furniture in here is the bed I'm strapped to. There's no windows and the walls are dark grey. I'm not positive if I'm in the safe house or not. I don't think I am. I try to force my brain to remember why I'm here and how I got here. The last thing I can think of is practicing with Christopher and then...

Phillip.

The name itself only in my head makes my whole body tense up and I squeeze my eyes shut. He's a demon. He must of taken over Chris's body, explaining Christopher's behavior the other night. Did he kill Liam and Chase to get to me? Had he brought me to his hideout?

"Nessie."

My hanging head shoots up to see Aiden smiling at me from across the room. My heart expands in my chest and despite the situation I smile back, reaching out for him only to have rope rub against me again. His grin turns to a grimace and he runs up to me and grabs my bound hand. He pulls me to him for a hug and without warning I'm crying. I mean it's not a good hug, since my arms can't even hug him back. "Why are you here? Are you okay?" I ask quickly, pulling away to look him in the eye.

He looks different. His usual bright happy eyes are a bit more dull and not caring, his golden hair is a shade darker, almost as if he dyed it. And when I had hugged him, he had way more muscle than before. There was just something off about his appearance. The first word that came to my head was strong. He seemed stronger. Mentally and physically. "That's my Nessa. Always so curious. I'm ok, never better actually. Especially since you're here and well."

"Where is here exactly, Aiden? And why am I here? Why are you?" I ask, annoyed he's ignoring my questions.

He just smirks and grazes his hand over my cheek. "Welcome to the Caspor Residence. We've been waiting for you."

^^^^^^

I back away from Aiden as far as I can with my restrained limbs, staring at him in confusion. "You and..Phillip? You're working with Phillip?"

The smile on Aiden's lips is not the one I remember. It's just like Phillip's, wicked. He plops down happily by my feet, perky as ever. "I guess you could put it that way, Nessie."

"Don't call me that." I snap, inching as far away as I can. "I can't believe you."

"You can't believe me?" He looks pissed off now, roughly catching my chin between his fingers. "I can't believe you. I was in love with you, Vanessa. I was madly in love with you since forever. And you're too oblivious and unaware to even notice me half the the time. Then Chris comes and it's like you completely forgot I even existed."

I feel slightly guilty but at the same time I'm so astonished that he's with Phillip that I can't have any other emotion. "Aiden, you were my best friend. I can't help the way I feel about Christopher." I say instead, feeling a bit drowsy now. I think it may be the IV thing that's stuck into my arm that carries unknown liquid. "Felt," He corrects, a smirk on his face again.

"What?" I spat, confused.

"Felt. You can't help the way you felt about Christopher."

My stomach drops and I feel dread sinking into me, but there's also so much anger. So much I think I might boil over. "If you hurt him I swear to-"

"Calm down, Nessie," He broke me off, rolling his eyes. "He's fine. After Phillip left his body he crumbled to the ground like the pathetic waste his is. We have him in a room just like the one you're in right now, and as soon as he wakes, I'll inflict so much pain on him that'll he'll just keep blacking out again and again. Until finally he dies in the slowest, most awful possible way your pretty little head can imagine."

I wanted to scratch his eyes off. I want to cause him pain so badly to replace that cocky look in his eyes. And not even a fake cocky like Liam's. "I hate you."

"Uh, uh, uh," A new voice suddenly sang, sauntering into the room. "Let's be nice, Nessa."

And in enters the man that's been in my nightmares since that night in park. The man whose terrifying words had stuck to my head like glue, repeating again and again.

Despite my fear, I set my jaw and scrap together all the pride I can possibly have in this situation. "Phillip."

Writers Comment: I think this is incredibly short so I'm reallyyyy sorry :( I've got more crap going on so it kinda just ended up being short. ily you guys and I hope you liked this chap anyways