(7) The Beginning

Christopher finds his new discovery amusing, and I catch him "accidently" brushing his hand against mine more than what would be usual.

And every time he does it, it leaves me shocked fo awhile before I can gather myself. He watches my expression every time, too. And every time he's satisfied.

I don't really mind it but, all the popular girls staring at me with envy while I hold Christopher's hand in mine is annoying. We aren't boyfriend and girlfriend anyway, so why were they like that? So, my only solution is to ignore them and stay with Christopher most of the day. Also, right after Christopher has touched me, I can never pay attention in class and my clear thoughts are gone. My mind is always flying around and thinking of Christopher again.

And I can't shake the feeling that someone is watching me at night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we are in the school parking lot, Christopher stopped me from walking to the place where my Jeep was supposed to be parked.

"My car, Ness." He said, laughing. I beamed when he used the nick name my dad used, it made me happy, to hear him call me that in his soft, voice. I liked it better when Christopher said it for some reason.

He steered me towards his car and we hopped in. "So are you going to tell me about yourself?" I asked as we left the school.

"I don't think now is a good time," He said, his eyebrows furrowed. "But..okay."

I leaned farther into his leather seats. "Good ahead, start from the beginning." I gave his hand a comforting squeeze. I didn't want to let go of him.

"The beginning..." He said, nodding. Then he looked at me with dark eyes. "First, I met you."