Chapter 17

Shaylie's POV

I was up until about 1 o'clock thinking about the whole fight with Ross. I felt like he hated me and won't ever want to talk to me ever again. I didn't mean what I said, I was just mad so I said it. He was being a jerk to me so I had a reason to get mad at him. I kept checking my phone to see if Ross would text me or something, but he never did, why would he? I almost texted him multiple times too. At midnight I went downstairs to get a glass of water when I heard the door open. I jumped out of my skin and secretly peeked around the corner to see who it was, it was Ratliff. "Ratliff?" I asked. "What are you doing?" "I, uh, well, um, I was at the, uh, the Lynch's, and, um, I was hanging out with, uh, Rydel and I told her I had to go home. I didn't think you would, um, be up. Sorry." He stuttered. "Ratliff, It's okay! Don't worry about it! I'm just glad you are home!" I ran up to him and hugged him. "Are you okay? Do I need to hurt a boy?" He pulled away and looked serious. "No, to both of those questions." I half smiled. "What happened." He asked sitting me down. "Well, um, Ross and I kind of had a really big fight." I back up waiting for him to explode and rush over to the Lynch's and kick his butt, but that never happened. "About what?" He asked. "I don't even know, to be completely honest. He said that I just wanted to 'get it' with Tyler which isn't true and then he kissed me and then I threw him off of my and told him to get the hell out of my life because he has a girlfriend and then he said he didn't and then I slammed the door in his face and then I sat on the stairs and cried and then Rocky came over and comforted me and all I want to do is talk to Ross but I think he hates me because I said things I didn't mean and I wanted to make things right with him but Rocky doesn't think he's ready to talk to me yet and I can't sleep because I'm thinking about everything that happened!" I said really fast. "Is this bothering you because he's your best friend or because you like him?" He asked. I looked down and turned red. "I like him." I finally said. "No one can know!!" I almost screamed at him. "Okay, I won't tell anyone! You should talk to him or shoot him a text, even if he's not up yet. He might like to hear from you, you know?" He said. "Yeah, but I want to hear from him first." "We can talk in the morning, okay? Let's head to bed." He said standing up and extending his hand to help me up. "Okay, can you tuck me into bed please?" I asked grabbing his hand. Whenever I was upset I acted like I was 5 years old and I would have Ratliff tuck me in and stuff. "Of course!" He said. We walked upstairs in silence and he tucked me in. "Sleep tight beautiful!" He kissed my forehead. "Good night Ratliff! I love you!" I called. "I love you too!" He said before closing my door.