Chapter 2

Ross's POV

Shaylie posted on her twitter "Getting ready with the girls for my date tonight(;" I looked at it and ran to her house next door. I ran up to her room and barged in. "Hey Ross?" I heard Shaylie question me. I started spitting questions at her and when she answered Ratliff ran up asking about what date. "How could you not tell your brother or best friend?" I almost screamed at her. "Why do you care so much?" She screamed back. "I-I don't know." I said quietly. "Ugh!" I heard her say. The doorbell rang and she ran downstairs with Rydel, Rose, me, and Ratliff following her. Rydel and Rose stayed by the door and Ratliff and I branched off and walked into the living room. "Is this too dressy?" I heard Shaylie say. I could picture her face, smiling, blushing a little and her eyes; they were getting big but not too big, just big enough to look beautiful. Ugh! What am I talking about? I don't like Shaylie! I like Laura and I'm asking her out tomorrow! "Perfect!" That was the only thing I heard Carter say when I wasn't drowning in thoughts. "Shall we?" I heard him say again. I got up to my spot and ran over to the door. "Have her back by midnight!" I said giving him a stare down. Shaylie shot me a look and I looked down awkwardly and walked away. "Let's go!" she said and then the door slammed. Rydel and Rose walked into the living room where Ratliff and I were. Rose put on a movie and Rydel cuddled up to Ratliff. I stared him down. "Ahem!" Rose screamed from across the room which was telling me to stop. I was sitting in the chair that was on the other wall next to the couch and Rose was sitting in the other chair across the room. "What movie is this?" Ratliff asked holding Rydel's hand. "Now you see me." Rose and I answered at the same time. We looked each other and laughed. "Oohh! These guys are cute!" Rydel noticed and sat up. Ratliff pulled her back down and whispered something causing her to smile. She was so happy with him and I was trying so hard to be cool about it. I couldn't focus on the movie. I was so focused on Shaylie and her date tonight and how scared I was about asking out Laura tomorrow and how I could possibly like Shaylie. I'll sleep it off and I'll be fine. I thought. It was 12:15 when Shaylie walked through the door. I was sitting on the stairs waiting for her. She walked in with a huge smile on her face. "Oh, um, hi Ross!" She was shocked to see me there. "Hey, Shaylie. Rose fell asleep on your chair, Ratliff and Rydel fell asleep on the couch while we were watching the movie and I just wanted to make sure you came home safely." "Ross, I'm fine. It was just Carter! He just took me to the beach and stuff." She smiled. "You're late though." I was so serious. I didn't want her getting hurt. "I know! I'm sorry! We got caught up at the beach." Shaylie said, looking down at the ground. I got up and hugged her. "I'm sorry for everything. I know I can be a little protective but it's only because I love you, you are my best friend and I don't want you hurt. If any guy hurts you, just tell me and I'll beat him up!" I whispered to her. She laughed and told me she was going to bed. "Want me to tuck you in?" I laughed. "Actually, yes please! Ratliff usually does but he's sleeping with Rydel." She answered shocking me. "Don't say that! Just call down when you are ready, okay?" She nodded and walked up the stairs. She came down the stairs and tapped my shoulder because I was drowning again. I followed her upstairs and tucked her in. I left and walked home not realizing how late it was hoping not to wake anyone up. I walked through the door and it looks like Riker was waiting up for me. "Hi Ross. Where's Rydel?" Riker said. "Sleeping over with Shaylie." I answered. If he found out she fell asleep in Ratliff's arms he'd flip. "She's not with Ratliff right?" He asked again. "Nope, I'm going to bed. I've had a complicated day, you should come up too." I motioned Riker upstairs and he got up. He walked into his room and I walked to mine. I was up all night think about everything. I finally fell asleep but woke up to a text from Shaylie.

From: Best Friendddd

Thanks for everything last night! I didn't really get a chance to thank you so I am now! I appreciate it! Sorry for screaming at you! I love you<3

I smiled and fell back asleep.