Chapter 13

Shaylie's POV

Before I knew it Ross, leaned and kissed me. It was a hard kiss too, lots of passion. I tried to match it so it wouldn't be awkward but then he pulled back a little. "...4...5...6..." I heard Rose and Rydel counting. "14 more seconds." I was thinking. I didn't want the kiss to end, it was a really good kiss but it can't mean anything. "...17...18...19..." I heard them again. "Wow, they are going for it!" I heard Rocky say and immediately pulled back. A tear slipped out of my eye but I was hoping no one would have noticed because I turned so fast. I ran upstairs and I heard someone behind me, part of me was hoping it was Ross, but party of me wasn't. I wiped my tears and turned around, it was Rose. I didn't care though! I went in for a bear hug. "Wow, Shaylie! You haven't hugged me since I went away on that week vacation I wasn't going to talk to anyone." She started to half laugh. I looked at her and smiled a little bit and then let out a little laugh. "Everything okay?" I heard Ratliff say even though I couldn't see him. "Yeah, I just want to go home." I looked to the ground. "I'm so sorry Shaylie! We should have never forced you to play." Rydel apologized and hugged me. "It's not your fault!" I hugged back. "We are going to head home." Ratliff turned to Riker and Rocky. "Rose, you can stay if you would like or you can go home." I turned to her. "I'm coming with you! Sorry Riker!" She said but he just shrugged it off and hugged her. Rocky came in for a hug and I never understood why, it was all kind of weird. He looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't think of the words or how to say it. I walked outside and walked home with Rose next to me and Ratliff trailing behind. Rose and I decided to hang out in my room and talk for a little bit. I told her every feeling I felt during that kiss and I ended it with "I like Ross, but he doesn't like me so I'm just going to move on." She nodded like that was a good idea and she understood everything I was saying. It's so nice to have a friend like that! We talked for about 2 hours. "Want to go skate around the beach, find some cute boys?" Rose finally suggested smirking. "Let's go!" I laughed and sprung off my bed. We put on some really hot bathing suits and got on our penny boards. When we got there we skated by some really cute boys and they were staring at us. I'm pretty sure the boys were Tyler and 'his gang'. We smiled and waved as we rode past them. I looked over and saw something. I hit Rose and pointed. "Oh my god!" She gasped! I started laughing because I thought it was so funny! "The fact that they think they are in private!" I laughed. It was Ross and Laura kissing in Laura's 'secret spot'. "Looks like I'm getting over him a lot faster than I thought!" I said to myself. Rose and I sat at the ice cream stand when Tyler walked up to us. "H-hi!" I said getting all awkward. I'm always awkward around boys, that I'm not good friends with. "You're hot!" He said looking at me. "Oh, umm, thanks!" I pushed my hair behind my ear while I was looking at the ground blushing. "Here's my number, call me sometime." He smirked. I looked up to see him smirking and handing me a piece of paper with his number on it. "Will do!" I smiled. "Well, I got to go catch up with the guys, nice penny boards!" He winked and ran away. I turned to Rose. "Did that just happen?" I squealed. "You mean you dropping your ice cream? Yeah, that just happened!" She laughed at me. I playfully hit her and laughed. "No, I'm talking about the fact that Tyler talked to me, called me hot, and gave me his number!" I smiled. "Oh, yeah, that happened too!" She laughed. We went home and we ran up to my room. As we were halfway up the stairs, Ratliff called to us. "Everything okay guys?" He called up. "Perfect!" I called back. "You guys cool if I go over to the Lynch's for dinner? Can you guys get something here?" he called up again. "Yup, have fun!" I called back. We got up to my room and I put Tyler's number in my phone and then I texted him. My phone vibrated a minute later so I thought it was him, but it was Ross. I still opened it though.

From: Ross (;

Hey, can we talk?

I exited out of the messages and threw my phone down next to me on my bed. "Was it Ross?" Rose questioned. "Yeah, I don't really want to talk to him." I looked down. "You should though!" She guilt me. "Fine!" I picked up my phone and answered him.

To: Ross (;

Talk about what?

I pressed send and moments later he answered like he was waiting for me to answer.

From: Ross (;

About the kiss. Please Shaylie, You can't just run out with tears coming down your face. What's wrong?

I read it and started to get mad.

To: Ross (;

You couldn't talk to me in person about this? Seriously? I'm fine! Nothing's wrong!

I pressed send almost throwing my phone but it just went off again.

From: Ross (;

I couldn't because Laura was there! And you want me to talk to you in person! I'm on my way over!

I read the message and then gave it to Rose. I don't want to talk to him! Before I knew it, my doorbell went off. "Shit, he's here!" I said. I ran down the stairs and opened the door. "Oh, hi Ross!" I acted like I didn't know he was coming over and I smiled. He came in barging past me. "Can I help you?" I snapped at him. "Well, yeah! You can tell me why you ran out after the kiss, why you cried, why you left after we kissed, why you were flirting with other boys at the beach, why you are pissed at me for nothing." He started screaming. "I'm not pissed at you! I don't care about the kiss! It was a mistake for me to stay anyway! I cried but you don't need to know why! Who'd you know I was flirting with boys at the beach, wait I wasn't eve flirting with boys! Tyler came up to me, gave me his number, and was talking to me! He was flirting with ME!" I was screaming back at him. Rose was still upstairs but I can only imagine that she can hear our whole conversation. "We all know you want to get it with Tyler, its so fcuking obvious!" he snapped at me. "Just get the hell out of my life!" I screamed with tears forming in my eyes! He came in hard for a kiss and I kissed back harder. I pulled back eventually. "Get off of me! You have a girlfriend!" I pushed him away from me and out of my house. "Not anymore." he said. "Just stay away from me!" Tears streaming down my face as I slammed the door and ran up to me room.