-2-

Chapter 2 – First talk

I woke up as I heard Ryan singing – I mean my alarm ringing. As soon as I got up, I did my usual routine every morning. Taking my time, I took a bath and dried my hair. I’ve got enough time to curl it up but I’m too lazy – so, no.

I picked my favourite pink long sleeves and a black tank top underneath it, partnered them with my favourite dark blue jeans. I don’t know much about fashion, but I feel comfortable with these kinds of clothes.

“Good morning, bacon and eggs are served there, honey. I’m running late, so I’m going. Take care of yourself! I love you!” Mom hurried, running out of our house with her pink luggage.

“Love you too!” I shouted back at her before she appeared from my sight. I went to the kitchen to see if dad left any message—and there, a message it is. ‘Good morning baby Jacy!’ I grimaced at the greeting. I might still be their baby but I hate baby and jacy being mixed together, it just doesn’t sound right.

‘I got called to Italy for a meeting and I’ll be staying there for a week or more. I think your mother’s going to follow me here so just take of yourself little girl. Just call me if ever you want someone to babysit you! –Dad.’ I sighed and crumpled the paper before throwing it. Great, leaving their 16-year-old daughter in their house for a whole week—alone. Just, great.

I decided to go to school even though I’m going to be 30 minutes early for my first class starts at eight o’clock, and it’s just ten minutes past seven. I walked down to our gate and greeted our guard good morning before leaving.

I checked my phone from time to time while walking to school hoping that I’d get a text from mom or dad telling me rules that I should abide while their gone, or checking on me if I was really going to school – but instead, my screen flashed Iya’s name.

‘Are you up? Your class starts at about an hour but can you come here at school, right now? –Aaliyah’

I quickly sent a reply saying that I’ll be at school in 5 minutes and asked them to wait for me at the front gate.

“Morning.” I greeted Iya and Maddie as I met up with them at the front gate. The other students were looking at us again like we’re new students or something. Of course they would stare, with these guys beside me they won’t dare take their eyes off of us.

I heard Iya chuckle as some guy waved at her. Iya, Aaliyah Grace Turner. She’s pretty, with her wavy, long, dirty blonde hair falling down to her waist and her dark blue eyes that seem to captivate every guy in school.

I looked at Maddie who waved back at the freshmen girls who are about to faint right now. Nice. She’s Madison Kate Williams. Every girl adores her light brown hair which falls just above her breasts, her hazel eyes that gives off a soft feeling, the way she dresses, the way she talks with people – okay, they just adore her and everything about her. Maddie’s the girl that every other younger girls dream to become. Not to mention that she’s smart and kind, too.

These girls are my long lost sisters. Kidding. We’ve been together since I don’t know when because I grew up with them and Nathan by my side all the time. I can trust them about everything – well maybe not literally everything, but they know everything about me and I know everything about them. Told you were sisters.

“So, what did you want?” I asked Iya in a teasing voice, thinking that she’d want me to help her with Tyler – my vice president, whom she liked since we started high school. Unfortunately for her though, she’s not his type.

“You see, my cousin’s birthday is coming up..” She trailed off looking at Maddie who just nodded at her with a smirk on her face.

“Who? Annie?” I asked her and she hastily nodded at me.