"But I can't," she whispered suddenly, dejected. "I can't go back to Toronto because I love you."

She took a step closer while I grimaced at her. "Why did it take you so long to tell me that? Why make me chase you for weeks?"

She slid her arms around my waist and pulled me gently towards her, hesitantly at first. I took this as an opportunity to tuck her hair behind her ear, ignoring her frown. "I just spent some time thinking today. I was scared and I've never felt like this. I spent so long believing no one was made for me. You were a slap in the face. Are you really going to ruin our moment by questioning me when I've already admitted that I love you?"

I leaned closer ever so slightly, loving the heat that radiated off of her even in the pouring rain. "Say it again."

"I love you."

"One more time," I begged in a whisper.

"I'm in love with you, Isabelle. And I'm so sorry for dragging you along for so long."

"I love you," was all I responded before dipping my head lower and pressing my lips against hers softly.

It wasn't like any other kiss we shared. The angry kiss in my bedroom, the kiss at the park, the demanding one in the hotel. This one was soft, patient, and filled with every ounce of affection we shared for one another.

My hand wrapped around her locks of dark hair while the other cupped her cheek gently to tilt head up. Her hands were clenching my shirt tightly into fists, and I didn't mind one bit.

"Let's go home," I whispered breathlessly when we leaned back to catch our breath. Some part of me wanted to go continue at our hotel room, but the majority was worried Jada would get sick in all this rain. I had enough body heat to keep up my immune system, but she didn't.

"Can we go back to change and then head out to eat?" She asked, still in such close proximity I had to struggle to keep my heart inside my ribs.

"You want to go out with the group?" I asked.

"No," she shook her head, "I want to go have dinner with you."

I smirked at her teasingly, and followed with, "Are you asking me out on a date, Jada?"

She rolled her eyes and maneuvered out of my hold within seconds. I hid any disappointment that was bound to show up on my face, but she caught it anyways. "We can go out with the group to eat, then, if you're so opposed." She walked back to grab her luggage and then made her way back to me.

I grabbed her hand and tugged her in the direction of the hotel, not bothering to hide my eye roll. "Well, when you say it like that..."

I was glancing back at her and saw her shrug carelessly. "Okay."

I yanked her arm and pulled her against me, wrapping my arm around her slim shoulders and pecking her temple, all within a matter of seconds. "I love you," I murmured into her ear.

Even through the almost complete darkness, I watched her cheeks flush. She ducked her head and tried to compose herself, but I kissed her temple again and I heard her swear under her breath.

We reached the hotel in less than fifteen minutes. I was still warm, but Jada was trying to compress her shivers. I unlocked our hotel while she rushed into the bathroom to dry off and change. I called a cab for us and changed into jeans and a fleece black sweater.

Jada came out of the bathroom minutes later, dressed in leggings and a comfortable looking pink shirt. She was wearing Converse now, the heels gone, and when she noticed me staring, she smiled.