Chapter 2: Sprung

Thursday.

It's been 4 days since I met him. I couldn't stop thinking bout his dark brown eyes and big, pink lips. I wasn't gonna admit this to anyone, though. It's funny how we run with the same crew yet we never cross paths. Life is funny like that. 

"Look at Honey all in a daze about her man!" Jamila laughed. 

Damn, don't these bitches ever have something to do? 

"I'm single and I ain't thinking about nobody but this paper." I puckered my lips up and rubbed my hands together. I got love for a lot of things but I don't love anything the way I love my money. 

"Now, if y'all would excuse me, I gotta go to work!" I said. 

--

Work was my least favorite place to be in the Summer time. My coworker was cute, but he was way too short for me, so we just gossiped to pass time by. We rarely got any customers so we just sat here for 8 hours a day. 

On my way home, I decided to go shopping. Working on 5th ave was my greatest downfall- all my money went to clothes. I hit up Victoria's Secret for some cute lingerie, Louis Vuitton for a new purse, and got me a bunch of cute clothes from Topshop. Stores were closing now and thankfully I was forced to go home or else I would've spent every dime I had.

"This is- Westfarms Square! Stand clear of the closing doors please." The train announcer stated. Damn, can this bitch wait? I almost got a leg taken off trying to get out that door with all my bags.

"Yo! Wait up!" I hear behind me.

It was him. 

Walking towards me in an all black sweatsuit reading "no joke in broke," black and red Jordan 1's, and a fresh haircut was him. Jordan.

I pretended to have an attitude and rolled my eyes. 

"What's up, Jordan."

"What's up with me? What's up with you? You changing your wardrobe overnight?" He joked.

"I'm just trying to get home."

"Let me help you." 

"I don't need your help."

"I wasn't asking." 

He grabbed my bags and decided he was going to carry them all for me, even my purse. We were walking towards my building quietly until he finally decided to break the silence.

"I never got your number." 

"You never asked." 

"There we go shawty! Finally dropping that fake ass attitude. Put my number in your phone and I expect you to use it. Tonight."

I rolled my eyes again. I texted him right then and there so he'd have my number and I wouldn't have to text first all thirsty. We finally got to my building and said our goodbyes. Once inside, I couldn't help but sit there for a minute wondering how this is all happening so fast.

buzz!

It was Jordan. 

"Take some time to settle in then shower, get back dressed, and let me know what time is good to come get you."

Is this nigga crazy?

"I have work in the morning. I said I'd txt you, not come chill" 

I wanted to see him so bad. I was hoping he'd fight me on it.

"Just get dressed."

"Okay. Give me 45."

I laid out one of the new outfits I bought today: a tight fitting all white bodysuit. I decided to wear some of the lingerie too just to boost my confidence and have me feeling myself. The white lingerie, white bodysuit, and white polish on my nails and toes complimented my complexion and figure beautifully- so I decided to pair it with clear heels.