Sea: "He was that bad?"

Mar: "Bad? No, never. Sassy? Yes."

Sea: "What was one of the biggest punishments, scoldings, or lectures you've ever given him; where, when, and why?

Mar: "Funny you should say that. Um, of course there's those times where you ground them or take away the car keys, teens will always be teens; however, when he was younger, there was a day-- a special day that could've gone very wrong since everyone was freaking out-- where he almost ruined a wedding. Still one of the best days of my life though; not even his little tricks and love of frosting could ruin such a perfect moment."

•••

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June 16- 1996
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay buddy, your mum left me in charge of you for a few minutes. Which means that you must be on your best behavior, right?" An exasperated Mark stated to the almost six-year-old Louis, who was struggling within his arms, wanting to be put down.

However, Mark didn't let him; the boy would just dirty up his little suit, and that couldn't happen. Although, he does have to admit, it was getting rather warm outside-- the sun having risen more, as it was nearing noon-- and his soon-to-be stepson must be dying from the long sleeved blazer he was wearing for the special occasion.

Kicking his feet and slamming his tiny fists on his father's chest in a tantrum, Louis cried. Tears and all.

The boy wanted to run, but most importantly, he wanted to play with his favorite toy airplane that he had accidentally left in the car all the way back across the rolling field.

Mark looked at him sternly and held the child tighter, not letting any room for movement until Louis calmed down some. "Hey, no hitting mister, what'd your mummy ask of you?"

Louis lifted his pinky finger up to show the man that he had promised beforehand, and he leaned more into his father's embrace, kissing him on the cheek as a form of apology right after.

Smiling as he kissed his son on the forehead in return, Mark finally lowered the boy to the ground; however, right as Louis was about to take off running, the man grabbed a hold of the boy's hand.

"No running just yet, Boo. You can't get dirty before the service; but you can play as long as you want right after, I promise," Mark crouched down so that he was eye-level with the now scowling boy.

The little five-year-old sighed before pouting for a good minute or two, making sure his father saw the big, dramatic eye roll as well.

Though, after another stern look from Mark, Louis stuck out his pinky finger with a small huff of breath, letting his father hook his own around his tiny one in a promise. Mark smiled, relieved as he finally let his son go.

The man watched with a fond smile as the boy trotted off to some of their guests and relatives, seeming to have found his nan at that moment when the older woman started to squeal excitedly over him. The soon-to-be stepfather knew that Louis would be well looked after then, and decided that he'd get a quick break from greeting everyone as well.