Kristin: Ripped Shirt

Začít od začátku

“I take it this isn’t going to be a friendly social visit?” Gerard snaps me back into reality.
He is sitting in a swivel chair behind Chris’s desk in the study, and Chris is standing by my side. I shouldn’t be here but I couldn’t control myself. Isaac is just a kid. He’s done nothing wrong.
I trust Derek and his senses . . . Unfortunately.
“Isaac is just a kid-”
“No he’s not, not anymore.” Gerard’s tone is fierce, and his hazel eyes which switch between green and brown depending on the lighting are venomous.
Why the hell am I here?
What happened to not getting on Gerard’s radar?
I may as well just tell Gerard what I am and let them kill me right now.
“I understand why you are angry but Peter is dead, and killing innocent werewolves isn’t going to bring Kate back, nothing will.”
“Do you expect me to believe that you only care about him because he is a teenager?” Gerard asks.
“Why else would I care?”
“Because he’s apart of Derek’s pack.”
“I care because he is young and innocent and hasn’t done anything wrong.” I reply and Gerard practically scoffs in response.
“You don’t know that for sure,” Gerard replies.
“Exactly? last time I checked you needed proof.”
“Not anymore, and you’re either with us or against us Kristin . . . Choose wisely. I will deal with you if you give me no other choice,” Gerard warns and I know he is one hundred percent serious.
“I’m not on their side Gerard, but I do have morals and I know right from wrong.”
“They’re getting exactly what they deserve.”
“Come on Kristin I’ll walk you out,” Chris gently grabs my elbow but I yank it away. I can’t believe Chris just stood there and didn’t say anything. I shouldn’t be that surprised. Chris has always been loyal, even to those who don’t deserve it.
He grabs my arm and leads me out of the room, closing the door behind us, I'm assuming to try and talk privatly.
"Stay away from Derek, Gerard is watching your every move," he warns before he leaves the room.
Allison is standing in the hallway with a concerned look on her face, and I give her a small smile before I head for the front door.
“Are you okay?” Allison asks as she easily keeps up with me, her brown wavy hair swaying with each movement.
“Not really,” I reply after we reach the front door, and I can’t get out of the house quick enough. I don’t want to believe that I tried to kill myself last night- intentionally or accidentally.
The way I’m going, I’m going to get myself killed by Gerard and his hunting team minus my father and brother. They’d probably get themselves killed trying to save me. I can’t believe I just risked their lives.
“What’s happening? Talk to me,” Allison yanks on my hand as we reach the driveway and I stop walking and face here.
“No one’s safe, not anymore.”
“What about the code?” Allison’s brown eyes are pleading and I know it’s because she is worried about Scott.
“There is no code,” I reply and there’s a silent pause and Allison lets go of my hand. I can tell Allison already knows deep down.
“They’re all in danger aren’t they?” Allison asks already knowing the answer.
“We can keep them safe Allison, together,” I give her a hopeful smile and Allison nods in agreement before I head for my purple Ford Fiesta which is parked on the curb in front of the house.
I can’t fail if I have Allison and my father working with me. Ideally it would be a lot easier if I was part of the hunting team, but Gerard’s never going to allow that. He still thinks I’m on Derek’s side, and I didn’t help my case by sticking up for Isaac. I have to keep my distance from Derek more now than ever.
The anger and rage was almost too much. It must’ve been Derek. It’s the only thing that makes any sense. I was feeling his emotions through the bond. It was quick like a spark, and lit a fire in my chest. I was quick to shut it off but the damage was already done.
Crap.
Thanks a lot Derek. Just the thought of him sets off an almost painful longing in my chest, and I fight the strong urge to track him down. It’s unsettling how strong the feeling is, keeping my distance is magnifying the pain.
Honestly I have no idea how Derek survived being apart from me for six years, let alone stayed sane. Derek told me he felt the distance even before he bit me and cemented the bond. I can’t imagine the pain multiplying over that long. Yet here I am fighting it, and not only causing myself pain but Derek as well.
Is it wrong that I want more?
Shouldn’t what we have be enough?
Part of me feels like it is being forced on me, that my fate is being decided for me and my life is being taken away from me.
Why can’t life ever be easy?