Chapter 1

Prince Eadrick could not keep the disgust from his usually composed handsome face.

This woman had hurt so many out of cold jealousy and cleverly hid her underhand dealings until she slipped up and nearly murdered her greatest rival, Lady Rosaline. Had he and his attendants not gotten wind of news of Lady Rosaline's kidnapping and the conveniently missing Lady Lia, Lady Rosaline may very well be dead.

Currently, Lady Lia's delicately beautiful features were warped with a vicious smile that reflected the cruel, greedy heart within.

"Ara ara...have I been found out?"

"Lia! You have overstepped your boundaries! How could you have done such horrible things?"

Eadrick reprimanded angrily as he struggled to wrap his mind around how someone he had trusted for so long could have committed such heinous crimes and even get caught red-handed without a single shred of shame.

At this her cold laughter rang out chillingly in the small room. Spreading her arms out wide, she smiled as though she was merely welcoming guests at a party.

"Horrible? Tell me, what exactly was it that I did that was so horrible?"

At this he realized the true depravity of her.

"You cannot see what you did wrong?"

"Wrong? What wrong is it if it was done out of love, my beloved Eadrick?"

She really was not repentant at all. Thinking of all her crimes and disgusting schemes she had kept hidden all those years, the prince felt no pity for what he was about to do.

Even after committing all those crimes, even after harming Rosaline, she dares to say that she has done no wrong? She truly is a despicable woman!

His heart which had once loved her now closed firmly. When he opened his eyes again, there was only cold disgust in his viridian eyes.

"Take her away."
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
That evening the truth behind the mysterious poisoning, scandals, and missing princess candidates was spread across the whole population. At first people were shocked to hear that it was the benevolent Lady Lia who had committed all those crimes. However as more and more credible sources and proofs came up, that shock quickly turned to anger and cries for justice.
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
In the palace, Prince Eadrick got the physician's report that Lady Rosaline was stabilized but currently under a coma from her deep wound inflicted by Lady Lia's poisoned dart. Not long after, he got a message from his spies that the Avalone couple and several others in the nobility had also been involved in the crimes. After dismissing the physician, Eadrick was left alone to his furious thoughts.

How had things come to this? How did Lia become like this?

The image of the kind girl he met in the meadow many years ago came unbidden to his mind.

Flashback

"I am terribly sorry!"

The ten year old prince said, hastily getting up to help the girl he had knocked over in his urge to escape from his nagging butler and maids.