Chapter 2

As the world came back, Rosepetal tried to move. When she regained her senses, she looked down to find that she was tied down with vines.

Where am I? Who would do this to me? Where’s Blackcloud?

As she tried to untie herself a cat approached her. “What were you doing on our side of the border and why were you calling a cat’s name?”

Rosepetal was shocked. How did they know I was there? It wasn’t time for patrols yet…

“Will you let me go if I tell you?” questioned Rosepetal.

“No, we will be using you as a trade. You, for territory.”

In the dim light of dawn, Rosepetal could make out the cat. She was talking to the ShadowClan leader, Nightstar.

“Why should I tell you anything then?”

Nightstar looked amused by the question. “If you don’t tell me what you were doing and who you were calling, I will kill Buckwheat.”

Not Buckwheat!

“FINE! If you must know I was looking for Blackcloud.”

When she looked out the end of the tunnel, Rosepetal saw Sunclaw’s tail flick and disappear. “Do whatever you want with me, just please don’t hurt Blackcloud or Buckwheat.”

As Nightstar thought about what Rosepetal said, Sunclaw shoved Blackcloud into the tunnel.

“Why is Blackcloud here!?” yelled Rosepetal.

“Oh, he is here for the same reason you are,” replied Nightstar, “FOR BREAKING THE WARRIOR CODE! You have been seeing each other even though you are in love with Buckwheat.”

“What, Rosepetal, you lied to me,” cried Blackcloud.

“I’m sorry, I love both of you and would never try to hurt you.”

Nightstar smiled, “Well, I guess this is over. Sunclaw, take Blackcloud out.”

Rosepetal couldn’t bring herself to look up at Blackcloud. “Are you happy Nightstar, or am I still your bargaining chip?”

Nightstar looked back at Rosepetal. “Oh yes I am still going to trade you back for territory. That was so you would stop breaking the warrior code. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I am going to hunt.”

Once Nightstar left the tunnel, Rosepetal started to yowl and cry.

Starclan, how could you do this to me?