CHAPTER 5

I ran to the alley Cole lived in and ducked down behind a crate when I saw Mona walking out with her shoes off. I saw her stop to button up her shirt and I teared up. What did he do with her? She walked down the alley to her car and drove off.

I stood up and debated going to Cole. I was about to run back to my car when Cole walked out of his house. He looked right at me and started waking towards me. I turned around and started to run but I didn't get very far before a strong arm wrapped around my waist. I screamed and struggled to get away from him but he just pulled me back to his house.

When we were inside he let me go but stood in front of the door so I couldn't leave. My first instinct was to look around so I did. I looked over at the couch and saw Mona's shoes. Cole looked over at the shoes and back to me. I ran over to the bed expecting him to stop me but when he didn't I was worried I would find something. And when I saw the blankets were messed up I walked back to him and punched him in the face. He stumbled back clearly shocked that I would do that.

I walked over to him and he actually backed away from me. I walked him into a corner and when his back hit the wall I punched him again. This time I punched him in the stomach probably harder than I should have but I was mad at him. I was about to hit him again but he caught my hand. I looked at his eyes and they were a hazel color. He smiled and put his other hand around my waist.

He walked out of the corner and pushed me along with him. He walked us over to the bed and I struggled to get away. He pushed me down and held me there. I tried screaming but every time I did he kissed me.

"Stop it!"

"I will once you stop struggling to get away from me."

"No! You liar! You said you weren't together anymore!" I started to cry and I stopped struggling. He let go of my wrists and got off of me. I curled up and continued to cry while Cole sat and watched. I must have cried for half an hour before I felt his hand on my shoulder. I tried to hit it away but I was out of energy. He put one arm under my side and the other around my stomach.

When I realized he was trying to lay with me and hold me like a good boyfriend would do I got all my energy back. I pushed him away from me and made a run for the door but he pulled my arm back before I got off the bed. I fell back onto the bed and my head landed on his chest. He held me there and we heard a knock on his door.

"Come in!" We both heard the footsteps and saw Mona walk out from behind the curtain. She gasped when she saw us and I tried to get away again.

"Why did you come back?"

"I forgot my shoes. What is that doing here?" She pointed at me and Cole practically pushed me off him.

"Mona, can we talk outside?"

"No! What is that doing here?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm leaving anyways." I got of the bed and got around Cole without him pulling me back.

"Arctic!" I turned around and saw him walking up to me with Mona on his arm. "There is nothing going on between me and Mona I promise."

"Don't make a promise that isn't true. If you two aren't together then why is the bed messed up? And why did I see Mona stop to button up her shirt?"

"She came in on her own! I never invited her!"

"I never said you did I'm just saying that everything I saw adds up. I have to go." I ran out of the building and back to my car. I heard footsteps behind me so I jumped in and tried to start the engine. I saw him running around the corner so I tried again but it wouldn't start. I hit the dashboard so hard I made the airbag go off. Cole opened up the door and pulled me out. I felt the blood on my face and reached towards my nose. Cole stopped me and lifted up my head.

"Mona! Get out here!" By the time she walked out there was a group of people forming around us. Mona ran over to us and smiled.

"How did this happen?"

"Shut up Mona! You took the battery out of her car."

"I would never do that!"

"Then why is there grease marks on your hands?" She looked down at her hands and her face burned. Everyone around us was staring at her but she was running down the alley to her car.

"I've called a doctor." I saw a man crouch down next to me with a phone in his hand. I shook my head and I felt more blood come out of my nose.

"Get her in the car!" I heard more people running up to us with a stretcher. I groaned in frustration because it was just a broken nose. 

I let them pick me up anyways and put me in the back of the truck. Before they closed the doors Cole jumped in and sat down next to me. I turned my head away from him and he put his hand on my shoulder. I shook it away from him but he reached over and turned my head so I would look at him.

"You need to hear the whole story. Please?"

"Fine but make it quick." He smiled and let go of my face.

"I was sitting there on the couch and she walked in. I asked her what she was doing but she dragged me to the bed. Trust me I didn't do anything with her. I would never do that. After that she took off her shoes and put them by the couch. She also unbuttoned her shirt."

"Why does my brain say 'believe him'?"

"Because your heart knows it's the truth." We both laughed and the ambulance came to a stop. Cole shifted right there on the seat and I hit him.

"What the heck are you doing?" He whimpered and I rolled my eyes. He hopped on the stretcher beside me and laid down. He put his head on my leg and I hit him again. He growled and the doors opened. Everyone screamed and I hit my head. He shifted on my leg and I shook his fur. He pretended to wake up a little and look around. He acted like he was scared of everyone and jumped on my stomach. He sat down on me and we felt the stretcher being pulled out slowly. He looked at me and I mouthed 'you are so dead'.